Union Endorsements

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
EASMC (St. Mary's teacher union) posted the candidates that they endorse for this election. Of course they are all Dems, but that is to be expected of any union. Ask any EASMC member and I'm sure they'll tell you that their endorsements are "for the children". Puh-leeze. Their endorsements are for whomever they feel will give the most money "for the children".

In a letter in today's paper the president of the EASMC says, "Especially in this troubling economy, our schools and communities depend on us to elect leaders who will make public education a number one priority."

So I'm going to assume that Wanda Twigg and the rest of the folks at EASMC in charge of selecting their candidates to endorse don't think that republicans care about education. I'm pretty sure that the members of EASMC would be hard pressed to find any republican that would not be for education. I look at it this way, you get an education, go out and become a productive member of society and don't become a member of some welfare roll.

If the teachers and other members (of any union) want to really make this country great again then they all need to nurture free, critical thinking and effective problem solving skills. Having a small group of people trying to tell their members, some of which teach our children, who to vote for on election day is the very antithesis of free and critical thinking, and this is a disservice to teachers, students and our future.

Last edited: