• Other Write In

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can Not / Will Not Vote in this Race

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
**I only listed the races with more than one candidate running and only for the races in SMC that I'm aware of. Any errors are mine. Maybe we can be an early indicator of real results.

US Senator
Mikulski vs. Wargotz vs. Henry vs. Shawver vs. Asbury vs. Kaplan vs. Lynch vs. Whittington vs. Young

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I didn't even know she was up for re-election. Was surprised when I saw her name on the ballot.

Why didn't we hear ANYTHING from the Republican party about her seat, or the person running against her?

I'm not 100% sure, but was there anything about Wargotz on the primary ballot? Anyone seen ANY type of advertising for him? Know anything about him??

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I didn't even know she was up for re-election. Was surprised when I saw her name on the ballot.

Why didn't we hear ANYTHING from the Republican party about her seat, or the person running against her?

I'm not 100% sure, but was there anything about Wargotz on the primary ballot? Anyone seen ANY type of advertising for him? Know anything about him??
The only stuff I know about him has been because of other people I know doing some things for his campaign. I do know he's a doctor in PG county and lives in Queen Anne's.

He's received little to no money from the RNC, as the RNC has stated they will only support candidates they think will win, so they don't bother supporting anybody else. I never knew that before this year and wouldn't have heard it at all if I hadn't been involved in the political process this year. However, I will NEVER give the RNC another penny for this reason and will choose to support the candidates specifically.

Oh and he was on the republican primary ballot.

Wargotz for US Senate

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Maryland Elections 2010: Maryland Primary Results in Win for Robert Ehrlich and Barbara Mikulski - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

2010 Maryland primary election results are in. The Maryland elections 2010 results were great for Eric Wargotz and Barbara Mikulski, but not so much for Jim Rutledge, as the votes for Senate primary decided the two candidates that will face off in November. In the 2010 Democratic primary election, it was Mikulski that won with 79.83% of the vote. She drew 119,134 votes, with second place only getting 13,287 votes. To say it was a one-sided election on the Democratic side of the ballot would be an understatement, and that clears the way for Mikulski to begin her campaign for the November general elections.

It was much closer over on the Republican primary side of things, where two candidates have been battling out for quite some time to decide who would take home the win at the primary on Tuesday. It could end up leading to a recount to figure things out, but right now it looks like Eric Wargotz has won the Republican seat on the November ballot with 49,148 votes and a 36.14%. Jim Rutledge only garnered 45,603 votes and 33.53% of the vote to come in a very close second at this point.