If nothing else...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...at least there's a very strong chance Steny might lose his job as House Majority Leader. That will sort of make up for it if he beats Lollar.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:yay:And that is a lot to be thankful for

My thought is that if he gets knocked out of his Big Cheese position he might actually start representing *us* instead of jockeying for position within the Democrat party.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
My thought is that if he gets knocked out of his Big Cheese position he might actually start representing *us* instead of jockeying for position within the Democrat party.

Honestly, you really believe that a tiger can change his stripes? If he was actually going to represent us, the people that put him there (present company excluded because I've always voted for the other guy), he'd have done it long before this. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

ImnoMensa

Never happen.

If Democrats take the House, Steny will be running for Minority Leader, probably against Pelosi. He has a good chance of winning. He will be right back going for the big job as minority leader instead of representing the 5th District of Maryland.

...at least there's a very strong chance Steny might lose his job as House Majority Leader. That will sort of make up for it if he beats Lollar.

The current bid and ask (for Republicans taking control of the House) on intrade.com are 96.5 and 95.2. In other words, people putting their money where their mouth is are pegging the chances at around 95%. The Iowa Electronic Markets are giving similar indications (based on small volumes though they may be).

I'll take the predictions markets as as good of indicators as anything else out there.

I think Hoyer just might get the boot...At least in St Mary's. Not that it's scientific or anything, but just judging what I call "grass roots" polling (the number of yard signs for any particular candidate), I'd say Lollar will win St Mary's. I have seen about 15 to 1 in favor of Lollar. This is not counting the ubiquitous 4x8 signs on the roadways, only the signs in peoples yards. I figure if you have a sign in the yard you have made your choice and it's more personal.