Mattingley-Gardiner FH

craptastic

So what's the dirt on Mike Gardiner? Everyone seems to be jumping ship to Brinsfield lately and am curious why. :gossip:

I just call around for the lowest price or go with whomever is honoring a current coupon...:shrug:

craptastic

I'm more curious how one "jumps ship" from one funeral home to another...I thought you just got one chance at that? :shrug: :angel:

I meant a lot of families who have always used Mattingley's are suddenly changing to Brinsfield. Not to mention the fact that Mrs. Mattingley, Clarke's wife, was taken to Brinsfield when she passed last year. I found that VERY odd....just curious if anyone had "dirt" to share.

mitzi

I meant a lot of families who have always used Mattingley's are suddenly changing to Brinsfield. Not to mention the fact that Mrs. Mattingley, Clarke's wife, was taken to Brinsfield when she passed last year. I found that VERY odd....just curious if anyone had "dirt" to share.

Perhaps they didn't want to do their "mortician" work on their own family member. What would be odd about that?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Perhaps they didn't want to do their "mortician" work on their own family member. What would be odd about that?

I would think that a professional courtesy of the best kind.

Can't imagine being in that business and having to prepare a family member. That would SUCK!

craptastic

I would think that a professional courtesy of the best kind.

Can't imagine being in that business and having to prepare a family member. That would SUCK!

No, she was not Mr Gardiner's family...she was a Mattingley and the Mattingley's were no longer affilliated with the funeral home when she passed away. Her husband SOLD the funeral home to Gardiner. Mattingley took Gardiner in and taught him under his wings so I would think it would be a slap in the face for Mrs Mattingley not to be taken to Gardiner...unless they had a falling out or they knew dirt on him. JMO :shrug:

My grandmother who passed away at the age of 94, always said that Mattinglys was for catholics and Brinsfield was for episcopalians...

Ummm I wouldn't put much faith into that theory tho...:killingme

she also said if you go outside when the wind is blowing with no scarf on your head or hat, that you would "catch your death of cold"

and if we did go out with no scarf or hat she was gonna, "skin us alive!":faint:

Walmartsucks

So what's the dirt on Mike Gardiner? Everyone seems to be jumping ship to Brinsfield lately and am curious why. :gossip:

The past couple of funeral services in my family have moved to Brinsfield since Mattingley-Gardiner does not come out to your house or Hospice to set up arrangements. That is a really helpful service if you are very sick and want to be involved in your arrangements.