Verizon land lines

kk2187

Is anyone else having a problem? I have a dial tone and calls are coming in, but as soon as I pick up the phone, it disconnects. Also, when I try calling out, I get silence.

I've tried calling 1800VERIZON to see what's going on and all circuits are busy so I'm just wondering if it's just me or a wide spread issue.

PrepH4U

Is anyone else having a problem? I have a dial tone and calls are coming in, but as soon as I pick up the phone, it disconnects. Also, when I try calling out, I get silence.

I've tried calling 1800VERIZON to see what's going on and all circuits are busy so I'm just wondering if it's just me or a wide spread issue.

hmmm but yet it allows you to call verizon? :shrug: That's weird!

kk2187

Got rid of my land line a year ago...no regrets!

It's a business phone so unfortunately we need it. Even though 95% of the calls are telemarketers.. they drive me crazy. Verizon is saying it's one of our 5 phones that I now have to troubleshoot :jameo:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It's a business phone so unfortunately we need it. Even though 95% of the calls are telemarketers.. they drive me crazy. Verizon is saying it's one of our 5 phones that I now have to troubleshoot :jameo:

That is the answer that's at the top of their "troubleshooting" sheet.

Take a phone to your outside phone box (gray box).
Open up the customer access side and plug in your phone.
If you are still having issues, it's the line in from the pole and not your phone.
(Since you have 5 phones, try all 5 first.)

kk2187

That is the answer that's at the top of their "troubleshooting" sheet.

Take a phone to your outside phone box (gray box).
Open up the customer access side and plug in your phone.
If you are still having issues, it's the line in from the pole and not your phone.
(Since you have 5 phones, try all 5 first.)

Thanks, we're trying that next with a completely different phone from home to first see if it's the line, rather than plugging all 5 in. I just noticed there are a couple of verizon trucks at the end of our road doing something.

As I was testing the 5 phones, one made an awful noise and now the dial tone is gone. And the fax machine that was working 5 minutes ago is now silent. So, I'm pretty sure it's those guys messing us up. Frustrating.