NBC Suspends Olbermann for Donations

Severa

Common sense ain't common
CBSNEWS.com

MSNBC has suspended prime-time host Keith Olbermann indefinitely without pay for making political contributions.

Politico reported Friday that Olbermann contributed to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates this fall, including one on the same day he appeared on Olbermann's "Countdown" program.

------------

Just damn....

Last edited:
E

EmptyTimCup

Just damn....

I am glad Keef might be gone, but I do not see this ending well for PMSNBC ..... something about freedom of speech ....... Keef's being hindered by his firing ??

make sense :nomoney:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
CBSNEWS.com

MSNBC has suspended prime-time host Keith Olbermann indefinitely without pay for making political contributions.

Politico reported Friday that Olbermann contributed to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates this fall, including one on the same day he appeared on Olbermann's "Countdown" program.

------------

Just damn....

This is BULL####. This is an outrage. Who the flying hell does MSNBC think they are kidding???? Every single one of their shows is, in essence, a political contribution.

This is arresting Jack the Ripper for having a blade 1" longer than the law allows. What a freaking crock.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I am glad Keef might be gone, but I do not see this ending well for PMSNBC ..... something about freedom of speech ....... Keef's being hindered by his firing ??

make sense :nomoney:

No effing way!!! He is MSNBC. Their coverage election night was classic; Keef, Chris, Rach, Ed, Lawrence and Gene Robinson singing the same music, same verse, sharing a bottle and singing the blues together.

No single entity is more responsible for the GOP getting another chance so big and so soon than MSNBC. The incessant pewling and laughable partisanship was, in my view, indispensable in revealing and showing the left for what it is.

if I am Boehner, I demand, from the floor of the House, that he be reinstated today, if not sooner.

I am NOT kidding!!! No one would ever believe these people are this childish, this vapid, this self indulgent, if it wasn't there to be seen and heard, day after day, show after show, straight form their mouths.

Outrage.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I think there's more to this than contributions.

That said, this can't end well for MSNBC. Who are they going to move to 8pm? Dylan Ratigan? Tamron Hall? Contessa Brewer? Give me a ####ing break. :rolleyes:

ylexot

Super Genius
"Anyone working for NBC News who takes part in civic or other outside activities may find that these activities jeopardize his or her standing as an impartial journalist because they may create the appearance of a conflict of interest,"
When has Olbermann ever had a standing as an impartial journalist?

DipStick

MSNBC sets itself up as the liberal equivalent to FOX News, spends time and money investing in "Lean Forward" and then they basically fire the face of MSNBC Primetime.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
MSNBC sets itself up as the liberal equivalent to FOX News, spends time and money investing in "Lean Forward" and then they basically fire the face of MSNBC Primetime.

That's total 100% BULL####.

FOX is nowhere near as partisan, top to bottom, host after host, as MSNBC.

They stand on their own as a wing of the Democratic Party.

FOX, Beck is a TEA party type, not a GOP lackey. Anyone who watches Bill O knows he's rather independent. Most of their hosts are very middle of the road, Baier, Smith, Cavuto, etc, and not an endless parade of editorialist's like MSNBC.

FOX has it's partisans. Nothing like MSNBC where everyone is except Pat Buchanan and he is decidedly anti GOP Establishment.

ImnoMensa

That's total 100% BULL####.

FOX is nowhere near as partisan, top to bottom, host after host, as MSNBC.

They stand on their own as a wing of the Democratic Party.

FOX, Beck is a TEA party type, not a GOP lackey. Anyone who watches Bill O knows he's rather independent. Most of their hosts are very middle of the road, Baier, Smith, Cavuto, etc, and not an endless parade of editorialist's like MSNBC.

FOX has it's partisans. Nothing like MSNBC where everyone is except Pat Buchanan and he is decidedly anti GOP Establishment.

Are we sure this isn't satire?

The whole of broadcast of MSNBC is one big donation to the Democrat party, and they would fire Olberman for that.

he may have been fired, but it wasn't for this. They should have cleaned house and fired Maddow, Mathews and Schultz while they were at it.

I cannot wait to see if Maddows and Mathews have the balls to condemn this act by the Democrat MSNBC wing of the DNC.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Are we sure this isn't satire?

The whole of broadcast of MSNBC is one big donation to the Democrat party, and they would fire Olberman for that.

he may have been fired, but it wasn't for this. They should have cleaned house and fired Maddow, Mathews and Schultz while they were at it.

I cannot wait to see if Maddows and Mathews have the balls to condemn this act by the Democrat MSNBC wing of the DNC.

This look like a joke to you??? You think CNN is in on it???

UPDATE: Olbermann suspended for Dem contributions – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This naked aggression can not stand!!!

DipStick

I guess this is part of MSNBC's "Lean Forward" campaign -- the part where you fall on your face.

Baz

This. ------------------>
This might the only thime Olbermann wishes he was working at Fox News. They don't have these rules over there.

DipStick

I could see networks having rules like this for journalists, but not for the opinion people like Olbermann or Beck.

This rule didn't apply to Joe Scarborough at MSNBC because he wasn't a journalist.

Olbermann is? :faint: Hardly. His opinions are the reason he's been fired from every station he's worked for (excluding MSNBC).

Just don't see how this is unethical when MSNBC's entire primetime lineup is an infomercial for the DNC.

Baz

This. ------------------>
You don't think they do?

They might have some rules in place now, but I read an article around the last presidential election discussing this very thing (news network hosts and contributions). At that time, Fox was the only network without rules against campaign contributions. I'll see if I can find it.

Also, I heard Hannity had given some cash to some campaigns, as well. Again, I'll have to dig it up.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They might have some rules in place now, but I read an article around the last presidential election discussing this very thing (news network hosts and contributions). At that time, Fox was the only network without rules against campaign contributions. I'll see if I can find it.

Also, I heard Hannity had given some cash to some campaigns, as well. Again, I'll have to dig it up.

OK, well, Hannity is a clear, overt partisan, period, and who cares? I think it is truly :bs: to hold Keef to that standard. I mean, he knew the rules, he knew but, come on.

"Ripper arrested for non conforming weapon..."