Littering

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Guy and a woman in a pickup tossing those :burning: Gdamn advertising papers up and down the street, MD tag 6 6623, just called the sherrif.

blacklabman

Guy and a woman in a pickup tossing those :burning: Gdamn advertising papers up and down the street, MD tag 6 6623, just called the sherrif.

You beat me to it on this post! They threw one in my yard over-night.

It's littering and they should be fined to the limit.

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
It's littering and they should be fined to the limit.
I am not defending Newspapers/Advertisers for delivery of unsolicited print publications but I can't find a definitive law that this is littering in Maryland.

Marylands Litter Control Law defines litter as "all rubbish, waste matter, refuse, garbage, trash, debris, dead animals, or other discarded materials of every kind and description." This seems to indicate it is littering. But a withdrawn House Bill 357 seems to indicate that unsolicited print publications is not littering.

Last edited:

blacklabman

I am not defending Newspapers/Advertisers for delivery of unsolicited print publications but I can't find a definitive law that this is littering in Maryland.

Marylands Litter Control Law defines litter as "all rubbish, waste matter, refuse, garbage, trash, debris, dead animals, or other discarded materials of every kind and description." This seems to indicate it is littering. But a withdrawn House Bill 357 seems to indicate that unsolicited print publications is not littering.

Withdrawn? That means that unsoliciated print is still trash.

One man's treasure is another man's trash.

pelers

I really despise all the unsolicited crap in the mail. Whether it's those coupon magazines that I swear I get 4x a week or people putting junk on my windshield :burning:

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
Withdrawn? That means that unsoliciated print is still trash.

One man's treasure is another man's trash.
Withdrawn or not, the fact that the bill was even proposed gives doubt.
Here is an article on the bill. In reading the article, it seems clear to me that this isn't illegal and in fact could violate 1st Amendment rights.

blacklabman

Withdrawn or not, the fact that the bill was even proposed gives doubt.
Here is an article on the bill. In reading the article, it seems clear to me that this isn't illegal and in fact could violate 1st Amendment rights.

So! Somebody using their 1st amendment rights can litter my lawn.

Consider this. If I am out of town and the newspapers pile up, that is an invitation for a thief. Then the litterer should be held liable for contributing to a breaking and entering.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mine was "Southern Maryland Today".
Everyone in Solomons got at least 3 of these and there are still some laying around (probably people who have not been home to scoop them up).
I wonder if that paper wants us to collect all of these up and deposit them at the PeePee Bar ?