Restaurant in Wildewood

normalgirl

Armand (AJ) Ferraro is the head chef/owner.... His brother Anthony (Ant) is his partner. AJ is the former head chef of Bon Appetit, at St. Mary's College of MD. The restaurant is La Tabella, here is the link...... Home Page. We ate there last night and the food was really good!! Nice atmosphere, too. There are a few kinks to work out, but I will definitely be going back!!

Armand (AJ) Ferraro is the head chef/owner.... His brother Anthony (Ant) is his partner. AJ is the former head chef of Bon Appetit, at St. Mary's College of MD. The restaurant is La Tabella, here is the link...... Home Page. We ate there last night and the food was really good!! Nice atmosphere, too. There are a few kinks to work out, but I will definitely be going back!!

Thanks, I saw the menu, quite impressive. Hope it works out.

chefajf

Anchovies

No anchovies? Pseudo Italian. I still wish them success.

Hi all,
We have anchovies :), We had a pizza go out Saturday night with half anchovy. I will make sure they make it on the menu. Thanks for the interest in La Tabella! Bon Appettito

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
My mom and I checked this place out on Thurs...having lived in Italy..we get excited over new italian places..

Overall, it was really good!

positive:
We had the cheesy crab dip which was good, a rather "dainty" portion but tasty..our drinks were filled constantly, and the server was very sweet. My mom's veal was tasty, and the creme brule we shared was awesome...and the check was very reasonable for us two.

negative:
I was disapointed in the bread :( the honey butter with it was amazing and I could have eaten it with a spoon..but the bread itself was tough and tasted sort of stale..I REALLY look foward to the bread in italian places, and while the olive oil was tasty..the bread just kinda made me sad. My linguine with olive oil and garlic was pretty good..but I am not really a fan of raw garlic in that particular dish..i love garlic to pieces..so It didn't bother me much..but a quick saute with the olive oil would have elevated it a ton...and lastly the service, though VERY friendly seemed to still be working out the kinks..as I had to go through the TORTURE of staring at an amazing creme brule...and wait for 10 min or so to get a dessert spoon

We will def be going again...its absolutely worth checking out and having a meal.:buddies:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Hi all,
We have anchovies :), We had a pizza go out Saturday night with half anchovy. I will make sure they make it on the menu. Thanks for the interest in La Tabella! Bon Appettito

Blue Moon is not an import beer.

This is a relief. I thought you might be looking for a new place. :lmao:

I gotta tell you it's tempting. I think about half the condos are for sale. No lawn to mow, no leaves to rake, no gutters to clean. Yep, must be getting old, that sounds good.

Beta84

They're out to get us
My mom and I checked this place out on Thurs...having lived in Italy..we get excited over new italian places..

positive:
We had the cheesy crab dip which was good, a rather "dainty" portion but tasty..our drinks were filled constantly, and the server was very sweet. My mom's veal was tasty, and the creme brule we shared was awesome...and the check was very reasonable for us two.

negative:
I was disapointed in the bread :( the honey butter with it was amazing and I could have eaten it with a spoon..but the bread itself was tough and tasted sort of stale..I REALLY look foward to the bread in italian places, and while the olive oil was tasty..the bread just kinda made me sad. My linguine with olive oil and garlic was pretty good..but I am not really a fan of raw garlic in that particular dish..i love garlic to pieces..so It didn't bother me much..but a quick saute with the olive oil would have elevated it a ton...and lastly the service, though VERY friendly seemed to still be working out the kinks..as I had to go through the TORTURE of staring at an amazing creme brule...and wait for 10 min or so to get a dessert spoon

We will def be going again...its absolutely worth checking out and having a meal.:buddies:
good review. I thought the bread was decent but it could be better. the butter and oil/vinegar combos they had were both nice additions. I had a couple issues with their serving (like you had with the spoon) but I figure that's stuff they'll get worked out in no time.

I can't wait to go back. They have a pretty good menu and everyone I've spoken to has loved it so far. I thought it was pretty good, but I see room for improvement. Better than any other italian restaurant that I can think of anywhere close to here. I haven't tried that place on Solomon's island though.

Blue Moon is not an import beer.

i noticed they had a few menu issues with the beer. hopefully they get it worked out. growing pains.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
good review. I thought the bread was decent but it could be better. the butter and oil/vinegar combos they had were both nice additions. I had a couple issues with their serving (like you had with the spoon) but I figure that's stuff they'll get worked out in no time.

I can't wait to go back. They have a pretty good menu and everyone I've spoken to has loved it so far. I thought it was pretty good, but I see room for improvement. Better than any other italian restaurant that I can think of anywhere close to here. I haven't tried that place on Solomon's island though.

i noticed they had a few menu issues with the beer. hopefully they get it worked out. growing pains.

good food, but terribly overpriced IMO..its a special occasion kind of place..good seafood and wine..things like that...the place in wildewood I see as more of a regular rotation kind of place..once the kinks are worked out and they get better bread. :lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us
good food, but terribly overpriced IMO..its a special occasion kind of place..good seafood and wine..things like that...the place in wildewood I see as more of a regular rotation kind of place..once the kinks are worked out and they get better bread. :lol:

That's why I haven't been there. There's not much in this area that's worth being overpriced like that.

As for LaTabella, I heard something about them rotating the bread and it being different on occasion. I'm not sure if I misheard or what, but maybe you just caught a bad day for bread. Bread is definitely crucial at an italian joint so it needs to be good!

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!

positive:

negative:

I love the food better in New York Cities Little Italy far better than any place I ever ate in Italy the half dozen times I visited! :dye: