What is the best?

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well I am curious as to what everyone thinks of top local restaurants. Damons, Rubys, Outback, Applebees, and Lone Star. Since Damons has come in, it doesn't seem like it has hurt too many businesses. I eat there all the time. I like the atmosphere but the service has really been terrible. Every time I go, I get someone barely out of school, who is socializing with everyone and forgets we are there.

I like Rubys now that there are under new management. It seems like a nicer place to be. Applebees, its ok, don't really care for their menu. Outback and Lonestar, I think are way too over priced for what you get. Great food, but don't go when they are busy.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My opinion is that they are all about the same in their own right... they are all chains, so you always know what you are going to get, no matter what location you visit.

I do go to all mentioned for lunch, but when I go to dinner, I prefer to go to a more upscale, individual restaurant.

Bon Appetite :smile:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Maybe someone here can provide a name, having a senior moment right now, :lol: but one place I used to like to go to was a little place on RT.5 South of Leonardtown, about 1/4 mile south of RT.4. On the right side. It's been a couple years but they had very good food and very good service.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The Willows and they still have good food. I was there a couple of weeks ago.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by RoseRed
The Willows and they still have good food. I was there a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks for the bailout on the name. :smile:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Damons- Not been there yet. Heard it was good. High recommendations for a good meeting place. Will go there sometime soon I guess.

Rubys- Always good. Nice bar staff. Had a blast there on Jess' bday. Nice atmosphere also.

Outback- Is always nice. Dont really get steaks..but if I want one that is where I go. A little pricey with bigger parties..but its all good

Applebees- For the prices that they have...it is not the greatest. And plus they are kinda slooow.

Lone Star- been there 2 times. Was not impressed to much. Food was not bad..but outback over tops them.

ok...so there is my commentary..but I think it was sharon who said something like the mom and pop types...I love those types to death. :smile: Something kinda like perkins...I would really go over other than...the whole...above restruants.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by jeneisen
Well I am curious as to what everyone thinks of top local restaurants. Damons, Rubys, Outback, Applebees, and Lone Star. Since Damons has come in, it doesn't seem like it has hurt too many businesses. I eat there all the time. I like the atmosphere but the service has really been terrible. Every time I go, I get someone barely out of school, who is socializing with everyone and forgets we are there.

I like Rubys now that there are under new management. It seems like a nicer place to be. Applebees, its ok, don't really care for their menu. Outback and Lonestar, I think are way too over priced for what you get. Great food, but don't go when they are busy.

*Damons--not a very good food selection
*Ruby's--delicious; I love them :yum:
*Outback--again, not a very good selection; overpriced
*Applebees--slow servers but the food is good
*Lone Star--it's ocean king :biggrin:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Not tried the willows yet..but heard it was nice..and wanted to take my close family there the weekend before my wedding. :smile:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Kyle
Happy Dragon in Leonardtown has good Szechuan!

mmmm...the hot mustard there is way yummy. :yum:
It will make you do this :twitch: when you first taste it tough. LOL

DO NOT BREATHE OUT YOUR NOSE !

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by watercolor23

mmmm...the hot mustard there is way yummy. :yum:
It will make you do this :twitch: when you first taste it tough. LOL

DO NOT BREATHE OUT YOUR NOSE !
Yeah! Whenever I order takeout I request the house mustard. I love HOT!

Damn near killed my brother-in-law the first time I brought some of it with take-out back to a gathering. He loaded up without testing first. :roflmao:

It just isn't good until it makes your hair stand on end!

SmallTown

Football season!
Damons has really good food. I guess we have been lucky so far because our servers have been really good so far.

Outback is the best place for BIG steaks around here. You know you're getting your moneys worth when you can eat a salad, bread, part of a blooming onion and a 16oz steak.

Monterey has been excellent. Service can sometimes be iffy because they don't always know what I am asking, but they do there best and the food is always great.

Lone Star.. Went there once a few years ago. Dinner for two with one drink each came to $80.. I don't mind paying money for good food.. The keyword being good.. The steaks weren't even close to being right, it was HOT as could be in the building, and there were flies ALL over the place.. Maybe it has changed, but with the other choices around I haven't found a need to go back.

Love Ruby Tuesdays.. Can get old after awhile, but food and service is always good.

Love going to Asahi (haven't been in awhile, though. I assume it is still open?) They had lowered their prices the last time I was there which made the experience even more enjoyable.

Tai-Pae (sp?!) Used to like it until I found bugs and hairs in my food last time.. Haven't been back since.

Tavern at the village is really good..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hanson's for good chargrilled steaks and as Ken would concur, Oakwood Lodge for their Black Diamond steaks. "yum:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hanson's is up in Charlotte Hall on 235 near the Golden Beach Road interesction.

I have tried 77 Charles Street, the new place on Solomons. It was good, although, you have to order everything a la carte.