Krugman Finds Own Ideas Bizarre

NCalif

"You know what I love? I love when pretentious blowhards say stuff that they end up contradicting later. Obama does it all the time, and it’s on VIDEO no less, but it’s just as glee-inducing when it’s in writing.

Krugman: “Public policy designed to help workers who lose their jobs can lead to structural unemployment as an unintended side effect…In other countries, particularly in Europe, benefits are more generous and last longer. The drawback to this generosity is that it reduces a worker’s incentive to quickly find a new job.
Generous unemployment benefits in some European countries are widely believed to be one of the main causes of “Eurosclerosis,” the persistent high unemployment that affects a number of European countries.”
:dingding:
Read more: Paul Krugman Disagrees With Paul Krugman; Finds Paul Krugman’s Ideas “Bizarre.” at Chicks On The Right

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If I run the GOP, I try to find a way to have the Olbermann/Krugmann Report TV show. As pathetic as the GOP is at making a coherent argument for itself, it would be nice to have someone else do the job for us.

SamSpade

Almost every time I read one of his columns, I'm astonished that this guy could have won the Nobel Prize. He's smart but he has such a pathological hatred of the right, it sorely diminishes his ability to agree with them when they're right. This is demonstrated most clearly when he goes off the reservation of economics and wanders into politics and public policy.

This seems to be the source of his contradiction - political sides often change their minds. If you're always against one side, you're going to contradict yourself.