High Profile Dems Back Hoyer In Whip Race

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
High Profile Dems Back Hoyer In Whip Race | TPMDC

Thirty House Democrats from across the political spectrum have signed on to a letter supporting Steny Hoyer in his race against Jim Clyburn to be Minority Whip next Congress.

We are writing to encourage you to join us in supporting Steny Hoyer as our next House Democratic Whip. We know that this is a trying time for our country and our party-but the first step in standing up for the middle-class and winning back the House majority is electing a strong leadership team to unify our Caucus. Majority Leader Hoyer has been an essential part of our Caucus's leadership in the 111th Congress, and we need his leadership in the days ahead.

You can read the entire letter below. Included among its signatories are John Dingell -- the "Dean" of the House -- respected progressive Jerrold Nadler, Blue Dogs like Larry Kissell and Jason Altmire, and Silvestre Reyes, an influential member of the Hispanic caucus.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
YES! Please continue to follow the same course you have for the past 2(+) years. This is a very wise move for the nation... uh, I mean the Dems. :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Thirty House Democrats from across the political spectrum have signed on to a letter supporting Steny Hoyer in his race against Jim Clyburn to be Minority Whip next Congress.

At least 30 other Dems don't want to be Nancy's bytch :killingme

WHY would I support Hoyer in this? WHY do I want a representative in congress that ignores me, and instead focuses all his attention on getting himself more attention?

What I want is someone in congress who cares more about the people in his district than gaining political clout. Seem like Hoyer thinks it's all about HIM and not about US in SOMD. Apparently he is too busy politicking and vying for position/power in the party rather than passing a frickin budget or making sure ALL OF OUR taxes don't skyrocket on 1 Jan. His priorities are very apparent, and they don't include his constituents in SOMD.

While he is kissing Nancy's ass, he can kiss my ass too......

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican

The racist bigots!

Pete

Repete
What about the 150 or so other donks? Steny is at great risk for being frozen out. Nancy doesn't like him, she supported Murtha over him last time. There are others gnashing at the chance for a leadership position. I wonder how he is going to like it being just "The gentleman from Maryland"?

ciwmj

:yeahthat:
WHY would I support Hoyer in this? WHY do I want a representative in congress that ignores me, and instead focuses all his attention on getting himself more attention?

What I want is someone in congress who cares more about the people in his district than gaining political clout. Seem like Hoyer thinks it's all about HIM and not about US in SOMD. Apparently he is too busy politicking and vying for position/power in the party rather than passing a frickin budget or making sure ALL OF OUR taxes don't skyrocket on 1 Jan. His priorities are very apparent, and they don't include his constituents in SOMD.

While he is kissing Nancy's ass, he can kiss my ass too......

:yeahthat:

edinsomd

Keef Overbite back at MSLSD, San Fran Nan the Dem HMFIC in the House w/ Steny as her #1 boy, and Dingy Harry still in the Senate as Majority Leader.

Perfect! :yahoo:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
What about the 150 or so other donks? Steny is at great risk for being frozen out. Nancy doesn't like him, she supported Murtha over him last time. There are others gnashing at the chance for a leadership position. I wonder how he is going to like it being just "The gentleman from Maryland"?

Exactly! Where's his backbone? Why is his running for the Whip position - when the voters clearly fired her?! He better man up! :lol:

OTOH, a bunch of Dems send her a letter to tell her to get out -but San Fran Nan has no intentions of going quietly into the night. If I were that Dem Congressman showing up on FNC talking about this, I'd be checking my back - no telling what might happen.

I can't wait to see what happens! :popcorn: