Who's planning on reading President Bush's ...

new book, Decision Points, due out tomorrow? That's George W.

I am. I've got my finger all warmed up and ready to push the button on my iPad as soon as the Kindle Store or iBooks makes it available. I'm even planning on gaining a more sympathetic sense of the enormously difficult decisions that he absolutely had to make as a result of him telling me about them in greater detail in the book. I ask for forgiveness in advance if I seem to have a more sympathetic tone toward his Presidency over the next few weeks.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican

I am. I've got my finger all warmed up and ready to push the button on my iPad as soon as the Kindle Store or iBooks makes it available. I'm even planning on gaining a more sympathetic sense of the enormously difficult decisions that he absolutely had to make as a result of him telling me about them in greater detail in the book. I ask for forgiveness in advance if I seem to have a more sympathetic tone toward his Presidency over the next few weeks.

Preordered on Barnes-Noble website. Next couple weeks it's Sarah's new book.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm reading it.

Then, I'm reviewing the decisions of my two oldest girls. In detail. Then, I plan on analyzing my decisions to not buy UnderArmour from their IPO and skipping on Ford when it was under $6. Then, I am going to write down why I didn't buy a load of oil last spring when it was cheap.

From there, I am going to the dentist and have a cavity filled. I don't have one but, what the hell. Don't wanna forget what it feels like, yeah?

And then...

SamSpade

Not into Presidential memoirs. I agree with what a reviewer said is, it's generally a way for a President to beat historians by offering a first-hand view of events in print, thus nullifying the idea of a "memoir".

Also, it's rare that a memoir is memorable.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
and skipping on Ford when it was under $6....

Argh..me too. I knew it was not going to stay down very long but I was challenged for investment fundage at the time..one of the recurring joys of being a small business owner. :whistle:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm reading it.

Then, I'm reviewing the decisions of my two oldest girls. In detail. Then, I plan on analyzing my decisions to not buy UnderArmour from their IPO and skipping on Ford when it was under $6. Then, I am going to write down why I didn't buy a load of oil last spring when it was cheap.

From there, I am going to the dentist and have a cavity filled. I don't have one but, what the hell. Don't wanna forget what it feels like, yeah?

And then...
:lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Argh..me too. I knew it was not going to stay down very long but I was challenged for investment fundage at the time..one of the recurring joys of being a small business owner. :whistle:

Not me. I had $10k I needed to do something with and I actually thought that buying Ford as cheap as it was was a no brainer.

And I didn't have even that much intelligence.

I'm reading it.

And then...

You're kicking yourself for not buying Ford at $6? I better not tell you what I bought (what little I have left) at.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I definitely want to read it. And I'd even like to watch his interview on the Oprah show. (tomorrow?) But I'm still at work during that timeframe, so I guess I'll miss that one.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I'm even planning on gaining a more sympathetic sense of the enormously difficult decisions that he absolutely had to make as a result of him telling me about them in greater detail in the book. I ask for forgiveness in advance if I seem to have a more sympathetic tone toward his Presidency over the next few weeks.
I am not sure if I'd pick it up or not. But I will say, if it can make Larry more sympathetic, it must be at least worth flipping through. :lol:

$9.99? WTH, Laura Bush's book costs more than that. Maybe it's just a short time promotional price.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !

I may buy a copy and use it for toilet tissue...:popcorn:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You're kicking yourself for not buying Ford at $6? I better not tell you what I bought (what little I have left) at.

No..LOL..I simply meant I was kicking myself for not buying it when it bottomed but, at the same time almost, Ford announced they were not going to accept bailout dollars. Right then and there was when I knew I should buy and did not have the fundage.

Forgot now what number that was..less than 2 bucks IIRC?

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Typical liberal. Spend more money for something that doesn't work nearly as well.

Hey Vrai, I was sitting hear thinking how can I make Bushes new book user friendly? So I decided to go buy as many copy's of his new book as possible and recycle them into toilet paper .:buddies: