Bush v. McCain...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Paulson's book didn't make him look all that great either.

There's not much to make him look good. My interest here is TARP. McCain could have, should have, stuck to what sounds like were his guns and, for sure, his persona, and not supported TARP.

Now, I have no idea what was said in private between Bush and McCain about it but, I can promise they talked in privatevabout it before that meeting and I have no problem figuring W said 'I gotta have you on this one.'

Am I wrong about that? Did they not meet and have a private word? Maybe.

Sure I am.

Dubbya is throwing John under the bus on this one. Never mind McCain deserved it. :lol:

So, I wonder how long McCain takes this. :popcorn:

Now, I have no idea what was said in private between Bush and McCain about it but, I can promise they talked in privatevabout it before that meeting and I have no problem figuring W said 'I gotta have you on this one.

That one's pretty easy:

I don't want to do this anymore than you do John, but we have to. It's pretty simple. You can either go out there and support this thing and help us push it through, or you can spend the next month hoping that the collapse holds off until after election. They're telling me there's a good chance it won't, and if it doesn't... When there's chaos all around and blood in the streets, people aren't gonna want to hear about moral hazard and that it would have cost too much money. They're gonna want to know how we let this happen, and Senator Obama is gonna be right there telling them we could have prevented it but you stood against it. And John, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna be agreeing with him.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow John, but this time we have to abandon our free market principals to save the free market.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That one's pretty easy:

I don't want to do this anymore than you do John, but we have to. It's pretty simple. You can either go out there and support this thing and help us push it through, or you can spend the next month hoping that the collapse holds off until after election. They're telling me there's a good chance it won't, and if it doesn't... When there's chaos all around and blood in the streets, people aren't gonna want to hear about moral hazard and that it would have cost too much money. They're gonna want to know how we let this happen, and Senator Obama is gonna be right there telling them we could have prevented it but you stood against it. And John, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna be agreeing with him.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow John, but this time we have to abandon our free market principals to save the free market.

Foul! That does NOT sound like George W. Bush in any way, shape or form!

:lol: