Found

tuffenuff2

I walk my dogs every morning in Chaptico Park. This morning I saw three small puppies at the BMX track. I took my dogs home and grabbed a carrier and some food. They were a bit skittish at first. They were shivering and kept trying to cuddle up together. Once they smelled the food they didn't care about me and I was able to grab all three. They are now in my garage in my large dog crate. I have placed an ad in the pet section. There is no way I can keep any of them. I already have 3 cats and two dogs. My son works at a vets so he will take them there to be checked out. If nobody claims them ( I think they were dumped) would it be better for me to find homes for them or take them to the humane society?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I If nobody claims them ( I think they were dumped) would it be better for me to find homes for them or take them to the humane society?

Do not take them to animal control/human society..there are too many good animal rescue operations going these days and they can and do put far more effort in placing animals like yours in to good homes.

Some are even posters on here..and I'll bet they chime in with suggestions with more meat than mine has at the moment..:whistle:

tuffenuff2

They don't need bottle feeding. Maybe they're not so small. Trying to post pics. Ok, picture size too big. Not very smart about resizing. If you want to see them I can E-mail the picture to you -until my husband gets home and works his magic.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
I walk my dogs every morning in Chaptico Park. This morning I saw three small puppies at the BMX track. I took my dogs home and grabbed a carrier and some food. They were a bit skittish at first. They were shivering and kept trying to cuddle up together. Once they smelled the food they didn't care about me and I was able to grab all three. They are now in my garage in my large dog crate. I have placed an ad in the pet section. There is no way I can keep any of them. I already have 3 cats and two dogs. My son works at a vets so he will take them there to be checked out. If nobody claims them ( I think they were dumped) would it be better for me to find homes for them or take them to the humane society?

Others have asked too, what kind of dog do you think they are, approximate age, males/females? Pictures?...may be able to help with the above answered.
Thanks.

daycaremama

somdmama5
They don't need bottle feeding. Maybe they're not so small. Trying to post pics. Ok, picture size too big. Not very smart about resizing. If you want to see them I can E-mail the picture to you -until my husband gets home and works his magic.

what kind of puppies are they?

J

jp2854

it would be better for you to find homes for them or find a rescue group that will take them in. The animal shelter will most likely put them to sleep within 3 days of them showing up as they are over crowded don't know about the humane society though and what there procedures are

tuffenuff2

They are black bodied with tan on their legs and around their faces, at the moment they remind me of a Pomeranian, they're all fluffy. They are going to be medium to large, I think. When I first saw them ,the first thought was German Shepherd mix. I haven't sexed them yet as they were crying for an hour so I let them calm down and now they're sleeping.

tuffenuff2

I think I'll have them wormed and given their first shots and if nobody claims them by the weekend advertise them for free.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I think I'll have them wormed and given their first shots and if nobody claims them by the weekend advertise them for free.

If I were you, I'd see if a rescue would take them. That way they can be completely vetted..spayed/neutered, etc...no worries about MORE puppies and the rescue can do a little checking into the people who are giving the pups a home. :yay: AND...if you are willing to keep them, there are rescues who will allow you to "foster" them and the rescues will do the vet work.

tuffenuff2

That sounds like a great idea. I am all about spaying and neutering!!! Hopefully with them being young puppies they will be adopted quickly.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
That sounds like a great idea. I am all about spaying and neutering!!! Hopefully with them being young puppies they will be adopted quickly.

When you contact the rescues, explain that you found them, you'd be willing to foster, etc.

SMAWL - St. Mary's Animal Welfare League: Home Page

Home Page

Calvert Animal Welfare League

There are also other organizations listed on the main SOMD.com site. Here's a link to those.

Organizations/Animal Organizations - Southern Maryland Online

Good luck!

tuffenuff2

I called SMAWL this morning after calling animal control and the humane society to check if anybody had lost 3 puppies but it went straight to a recorded message. There is no way I could foster them as I have the other two dogs and I have tickets to Scotland at Christmas!!