Dear Hoyer voters

Pete

Repete
Want to know why your guy is a jackass? Because he is not a "leader" he is a lapdog. Political theory aside, he is on the verge of getting tossed because he doesn't have the balls to slap Nancy aside and go for the leadership job. After riding shotgun to a woman who decimated his party one would think at 74 he would assert himself and take the spot. He doesn't even have the balls to challenge Pelosi who backed someone else for the job he is currently in!

So now he is going to genuflect to his "superior" Nancy for the Minority leader job and get frozen out for Whip by the Congressional Black Caucus.

The man has no principals at all. He is now as he has always been, simply along for the ride on the coattails of the one who exhibits the most generosity. he is not interested in making the donks better or he must not have any idea what to do.

I am sure you are proud.

I sincerely hope he DOES get frozen out and minimized in the party. Perhaps then he will get his head out of Nancy's butt and pay attention to SOMD like he's supposed to. Get us funding for a new Solomons bridge!!!

GoodnessME

Want to know why your guy is a jackass? Because he is not a "leader" he is a lapdog. Political theory aside, he is on the verge of getting tossed because he doesn't have the balls to slap Nancy aside and go for the leadership job. After riding shotgun to a woman who decimated his party one would think at 74 he would assert himself and take the spot. He doesn't even have the balls to challenge Pelosi who backed someone else for the job he is currently in!

So now he is going to genuflect to his "superior" Nancy for the Minority leader job and get frozen out for Whip by the Congressional Black Caucus.

The man has no principals at all. He is now as he has always been, simply along for the ride on the coattails of the one who exhibits the most generosity. he is not interested in making the donks better or he must not have any idea what to do.

I am sure you are proud.

IMO he does not CARE!!! I think this will be his LAST term....He will "retire" so WHY make your last 4 years such a PITA???? Just my 2cents!!!!

Pete

Repete
I sincerely hope he DOES get frozen out and minimized in the party. Perhaps then he will get his head out of Nancy's butt and pay attention to SOMD like he's supposed to. Get us funding for a new Solomons bridge!!!

Good luck with that when he is the "Gentleman from Maryland and Chairman of the House subcommittee on animal flatulence."

He had his chance, he traded it for posture and it paid him back in change.

Pete

Repete
IMO he does not CARE!!! I think this will be his LAST term....He will "retire" so WHY make your last 4 years such a PITA???? Just my 2cents!!!!

It is 2 years and he has thrown his hat in the ring for #2. WTF! What person of drive and ambition wakes up and says, "I think I want to be second."?

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !

I am sure you are proud.

Why don't you like Hoyer?

Pete

Repete

Because I did not wake up and say "I want my congressman to be 2nd, and like it."

Aside from him being a tax and spend liberal? The man is a coward. I don't like cowards. If he held a presser and said "In all deference to the Speaker I believe that our party needs different leadership and I can bring that leadership while we rebuild, therefor I am going to run for Majority leader." and I would at least have respect for the man.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
How much longer does he need to stick around before he can retire with full benefits?

Vince

Because like all Democrats, he's a butt kissing, not for the people, tax and spend, liberal ass. Hoyer has said it and proven it in the past, he votes the way he wants to vote and doesn't care about his constituents. Do a search on his vote for the stiumulus that the majority of Marylanders wanted him to vote "NO" on. But then I don't really know why I'm talking to you, you're the liberals, liberal and would go along with anything the Dems said or wanted.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
How much longer does he need to stick around before he can retire with full benefits?

I think/ believe they can do that after completing 6 years.

They voted themselves one hell of a package: Pay/Incentives/HealthCare/retirement. Who ever thought of them being able to vote on their own pay and benefits needs to have their head examined.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I think/ believe they can do that after completing 6 years.

They voted themselves one hell of a package: Pay/Incentives/HealthCare/retirement. Who ever thought of them being able to vote on their own pay and benefits needs to have their head examined.

They have the same package as every Federal employee. His retirement benefit could be either under CSRS rules, since he has held office since 1981 or he could have converted to FERS in 1984.
Members of Congress are not eligible for a pension until they reach the age of 50, but only if they've completed 20 years of service. Members are eligible at any age after completing 25 years of service or after they reach the age of 62. Please also note that Members of Congress have to serve at least 5 years to even receive a pension.

somdwatch

Why I don't like Hoyer and Democrats

If Steny wants to follow instead of lead. He needs not be a politician. If he follow's Old plastic face, Maryland will be the bookend on this coast to collapse. He will be busy doing Nancy's bidding a CA unemployment benefits. I have no doubt, that CA will be looking for pork and Steny would gladly help her save her state at our expense.

Unemployment payouts push California deeper into debt - Los Angeles Times