LaPlata residents--Important meeting Monday

onel0126

Bead mumbler
There is a meeting scheduled for Monday November 15 at 7:00pm at the Charles County Government Building to discuss the Commissioners plan to allow HUNDREDs of apartments (and some townhouses) to be built along Rt. 488 between Rt. 5 and Piney Church Road as part of the ever growing St. Charles expansion. Please come voice your displeasure.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Why would LaPlata residents be interested as opposed to all ChuckCo residents? If anything the folks in the Zekiah Farms neighborhood should be going.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Why would LaPlata residents be interested as opposed to all ChuckCo residents? If anything the folks in the Zekiah Farms neighborhood should be going.
:yeahthat: I'm thinking Bryantown people would care more than LaPlata people. For that matter, those folks in Waldorf along Rt. 5 south of the main town would be most concerned.

They are going to build them, nomatter what you say. They built the ones on st patricks drive over the objections of local home owners.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
They are already throwing up hundreds of apartments, townhouses and SFHs on Billingsley and Piney Church next to Blue Crabs Stadium and I didn't hear anyone complain. I did not even know they were there until I drove in Billingsley from Rt. 5 one day. Wow.

onel0126

Bead mumbler

Because these people will udoubtedly be frequenting La Plata's retail establishments. Because I commute out of La Plata on 488 to 5 and don't want to sit through 6 traffic signals to get onto 5 since these neighborhoods will dump out onto 488. Because I like the woods along 488. Because part of 488 is in La Plata. Because these units will (make no mistake) bring crime to La Plata. Bryantown, Waldorf, whomever--please show up.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
They are going to build them, nomatter what you say. They built the ones on st patricks drive over the objections of local home owners.

Yes, but maybe, just maybe, the commissioners were watching tv yesterday afternoon and saw what happen to another county's executive that was in bed with developers.

Yes, but maybe, just maybe, the commissioners were watching tv yesterday afternoon and saw what happen to another county's executive that was in bed with developers.

I highly doubt it. If a tree is growing there, our commissioners want to build on it. It make me wonder how many back door deals go on in chuck county.

vince77

Because these people will udoubtedly be frequenting La Plata's retail establishments. Because I commute out of La Plata on 488 to 5 and don't want to sit through 6 traffic signals to get onto 5 since these neighborhoods will dump out onto 488. Because I like the woods along 488. Because part of 488 is in La Plata. Because these units will (make no mistake) bring crime to La Plata. Bryantown, Waldorf, whomever--please show up.

I remember the meeting when the Commissioners discussed whether to allow your subdivision to exist...

slik

There is a meeting scheduled for Monday November 15 at 7:00pm at the Charles County Government Building to discuss the Commissioners plan to allow HUNDREDs of apartments (and some townhouses) to be built along Rt. 488 between Rt. 5 and Piney Church Road as part of the ever growing St. Charles expansion. Please come voice your displeasure.

"St. Charles eventually will have 24,000 housing units, to be built over the next three decades." A qoute by Edwin Quinn of American Community Properties which is the builder.

Should I also mention that Edwin Quinn COO of ACP is Candice Quinn-Kelly's husband ????

Wrkn4livn

You are right! And the people in La Plata should be concerned because they will have drive through that area to points north, everyday...

onel0126

Bead mumbler
"St. Charles eventually will have 24,000 housing units, to be built over the next three decades." A qoute by Edwin Quinn of American Community Properties which is the builder.

Should I also mention that Edwin Quinn COO of ACP is Candice Quinn-Kelly's husband ????

Yes, no ethics problems here....Newly elected president of the commissioners married to the COO of the builder.

As I said before, hopefully the commisioners and builders have been watching TV lately......

obxtracey

La Plata Residents--new meeting on 12/14 re Rt 488

We received a letter today from the St. Charles Community, LLC re the revisions to Wooded Glen and Piney Reach Master Plan (development along Rt 488/Piney Church rd)

There will be a meeting on Monday, December 14, 2010, 7pm at the Regency Furniture Stadium Legends Room. The letter goes on to say that the purpose of the meeting is to "foster a better understanding of the proposed Admendment to the Wooded Glen and Piney Reach Master Plan presented at the November 15 meeting." There will be a short presentation about the history of St. Charles, as well as a description of the proposed changes to the Master Plan. Question and answer session will follow.

I hope to see some of my neighbors there!! I moved 4 years ago to a neighborhood off of Rt 488 for the sole purpose of escaping St. Charles..ugh. Soon, ALL of Charles County will be St. Charles. I can't wait to retire and get the heck out of Maryland.