Southern Maryland Today...

blacklabman

continues to litter our streets. Why won't the authorities stop this? Perhaps because they are useless as is this news rag. I pick it up, remove it, put it is the recycle pile, and put the plastic bag in that recycle pile.

blacklabman

I'm not sure about the rest of the state, but in Charles County one doesn't have to separate recyclables any more. Plastic, paper, glass; all in one bin.

I stuff the plastic bags into one bag. When that is full, I tie off the top and deposit them in the recycling container. I believe that throwing a single bag in may result in the bag blowing out and becoming litter along with Southern Maryland Today.

dan0623_2000

continues to litter our streets. Why won't the authorities stop this? Perhaps because they are useless as is this news rag. I pick it up, remove it, put it is the recycle pile, and put the plastic bag in that recycle pile.

Maybe the authorities believe in a little thing often reffered to as freedom of the press and the right to free speech.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Maybe the authorities believe in a little thing often reffered to as freedom of the press and the right to free speech.

That's all fine and well, but if anyone wants to read this garbage they can go somewhere to pick up a copy. When you force something on someone, like throwing this trash in their yards, it makes them less likely to read it.

How about the authority not to throw crap in my driveway? I say we find the owners address, have a paper collection day say three weeks from now and all drive by tossing them out. Or just two or three trucks say. Litter and scoot.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Nothing cleans glass better than crumpled up newspaper pages. It's also good to absorb the grease from fried foods.

:shrug:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How about the authority not to throw crap in my driveway? I say we find the owners address, have a paper collection day say three weeks from now and all drive by tossing them out. Or just two or three trucks say. Litter and scoot.
the owners address is the tiki bar

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Freedom of the press & free speech do NOT equate to throwing trash in my yard. Got another one out there now. :cussing:

tom88

Well, maybe it's because the last time the "authorities" purchased this lil tabloid, (although it went by a different name) they got sued.

blacklabman

Freedom of the press & free speech do NOT equate to throwing trash in my yard. Got another one out there now. :cussing:

There's a telephone directory laying out there now. I will get it tomorrow when I retrieve my mail. That I need, sometimes, mainly for yellow pages. That paper, I don't.

I'm just tired of all the unwanted crap, flyers, magazines I didn't subscribe to, as well as the papers in the driveway. Think about it.... how much of what you receive in the mailbox do you just throw in the recycle bin? For me, it's pounds per week. Multiply that by each mailbox on the street, times how many streets, etc....... Imagine all the papers the carriers has to sort and add to your mail just for you to throw it out, how much space it takes in the carriers truck, how much it weights week after week. How much fuel do you think the PO might save in the local vehicles and trucks if there was a way to tell the PO that you want to opt out of receiving it? And then I still have to put it in my truck to take it to the transfer station.

All for the hope that one person might read one ad and make one purchase.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
the owners address is the tiki bar

Post his HOME address. I think it would be worth the price of a stamp for EVERYone that doesn't like it to jam his mailbox full of them. Maybe when his yard is littered with them he'll get the point.

Or call EVERY advertiser in the rag and tell them that you will NOT do business with anyone that advertises in it.

Lastly, I thought there was a law that didn't allow to leave newspapers, prinrted advertising etc..etc.. in the street.. Why the Post paid the expense of putting up all those pretty plastic boxes for their newspaper.

officeguy

Post his HOME address. I think it would be worth the price of a stamp for EVERYone that doesn't like it to jam his mailbox full of them. Maybe when his yard is littered with them he'll get the point.

I thought he sold that rag ?

T

tito

I took the paper out of the plastic baggie it came in (I don't think you can include these in the recycling bins, can you?) and found there were 2 bills folded into the middle of the paper. If I hadn't checked, they would have ended up in the trash.

How do you suppose that happened?

BernieP

Resident PIA

Reminds me of the story about the SPAM King and how a group of hackers got revenge. They found his physical address and then signed him up for all sorts of mailings, catalogs etc. It was a little "Thank You" for the guy who flooded inboxes around the country.

My serious suggestion would be to contact the publisher / distributor and see if they can turn off delivery. If not, just file it with the "Advertiser".

Wrkn4livn

I'm not sure about the rest of the state, but in Charles County one doesn't have to separate recyclables any more. Plastic, paper, glass; all in one bin.

This process is basically automated now with magnets, blowers and shakers, etc. What's not separated by this process gets looked over by a few folks. Jobs baby!