Dear MSP and Medstar pilots...

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet

greeneyes36

my mom was transported there from her work in Dec 05' - waldorf medics responded to the bank she was working, proceeded to check her out, once hooked up to the heart monitors etc.,. realized she was having an active heart attack (8 out of 10 heart attack patients are after-the-fact going to the hospital or are in full cardiac arrest/CPR in progress)... they transported her, within about 40 minutes, she was in the cardiac cath lab - angioplasty being performed... WATCHED them ballooning her arteries on a monitor... within seconds, she was no longer in any pain. CRAZY! i was freaking out when i got to the ER and my dad told me what they were doing... my first reaction was NO WAY - NOT HERE!!!!! but then the nurses quickly handed me literature showing me that they were connected to Washington Hospital Centers Cardiac Unit... she did great... other than they tried to move her too soon...blew the silicone plug in her femural artery...sandbagged her leg within seconds.... she had the bruise of a lifetime for the next 45 days...but her heart attack was stopped and she's alive and well today.

Ange1icflowers

They told me that it's normal for kids to have seizures....even without a fever. :eyebrow: (turns out my kids' an epileptic)

So when the rugrat found a way to cut off his index finger, and the SMH doc said "Oh we can stitch that back on no problem" I looked at him and said O HELL NO. You're the idiots who told me it's normal for kids to have seizures. It took a lot of arguing, but they FINALLY transferred him to Johns Hopkins (only after I threatened to sign him out AMA). Oh and about 2 hrs for them to give him something for pain. He cut his FRIGGIN FINGER OFF....and no pain meds for 2 hrs?

TurboK9

They told me that it's normal for kids to have seizures....even without a fever. :eyebrow: (turns out my kids' an epileptic)

So when the rugrat found a way to cut off his index finger, and the SMH doc said "Oh we can stitch that back on no problem" I looked at him and said O HELL NO. You're the idiots who told me it's normal for kids to have seizures. It took a lot of arguing, but they FINALLY transferred him to Johns Hopkins (only after I threatened to sign him out AMA). Oh and about 2 hrs for them to give him something for pain. He cut his FRIGGIN FINGER OFF....and no pain meds for 2 hrs?

Well, if it was cut off it couldn't tell the brain it was hurt, right?

Their logic, not mine. :lmao:

Poor kid! I hope it all worked out OK!!