Article on Recent Funeral

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
Unless I didn't read correctly, why did the article in yesterday's Maryland Independent say NOTHING at all about the local Fire Departments that supported the funeral and family from the beginning through the end at Arlington. They deserved recognition in the article for there heartfelt support.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Unless I didn't read correctly, why did the article in yesterday's Maryland Independent say NOTHING at all about the local Fire Departments that supported the funeral and family from the beginning through the end at Arlington. They deserved recognition in the article for there heartfelt support.

No offense intended--but it shouldn't be about anyone else but the Marine that was being buried that day. Groups should have showed their support for the right reason--not to be recognized publicly. Complaining about not getting recognition for this is shameful really.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
No offense intended--but it shouldn't be about anyone else but the Marine that was being buried that day. Groups should have showed their support for the right reason--not to be recognized publicly. Complaining about not getting recognition for this is shameful really.

None taken, not saying they should have been praised, but at least recognized for their efforts in the article. Your comment of "shameful" is a little harsh.

None taken, not saying they should have been praised, but at least recognized for their efforts in the article. Your comment of "shameful" is a little harsh.

I agree. I saw a lot of pictures of the Patriot Guards, but not one Fire Truck.

This was not in the independent though.

That was the think that got me most about the last funeral, when we crossed from St Marys into Charles Co. They had their ladders extended across the road covered with American flags and bunting.

Last edited:

belvak

Happy Camper

That was the think that got me most about the last funeral, when we crossed from St Marys into Charles Co. They had their ladders extended across the road covered with American flags and bunting.

I was able to be there for that one and it did take your breath away to see the procession passing under those ladders.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!

Thank you! So glad someone also sees it like I do.

Asmodeus

....=o&o>

A couple of Engines had the same at the end of 228 just before the entrance to 210 for LCpl Honeycutt's procession. There were also engines in the procession as well as Red Knights among the bikes. We can always count on Calvert, St Mary's and Charles County Firefighters to fall out for these Fallen Heroes.

Not only did they ride in the procession, but most intersections between the church and 210 were blocked by Fire Apparatus.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
A couple of Engines had the same at the end of 228 just before the entrance to 210 for LCpl Honeycutt's procession. There were also engines in the procession as well as Red Knights among the bikes. We can always count on Calvert, St Mary's and Charles County Firefighters to fall out for these Fallen Heroes.

Not only did they ride in the procession, but most intersections between the church and 210 were blocked by Fire Apparatus.

It was all so impressive and amazing!

I was sure they went all out. Not knocking the Patiot Guards, I rode with a few at the last funeral and my wife was a member.

OldHillcrestGuy

I was at that one with my ambulance.:buddies:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
People who attend these ceremonies should be honored in their hearts, not the news. Get over it or don't go if it pisses you off at the negative press!

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I didn't see any negative press and I'm not pissed off.

I'm a military veteran (24 years) and I was there with my flag standing among hundreds in honor, I feel good about what I did, could not give 2 sh!ts if it made it in the papers...

sarap1230

I think everyone who attended the funeral and followed in the procession recognized the effort from all the different agencies including the fire departments and the sheriff's office.

It was amazing how all the groups were able to work together to provide a seamless trip to Arlington.

I think everyone who attended the funeral and followed in the procession recognized the effort from all the different agencies including the fire departments and the sheriff's office.

It was amazing how all the groups were able to work together to provide a seamless trip to Arlington.

I'm sure they did. This is about what the article said though.