NBC's Mitchell Berates Republican: Are You Just 'T

E

EmptyTimCup

:jerry:

NBC's Mitchell Berates Republican: Are You Just 'Too Busy' to Meet With Obama?

NBC's Andrea Mitchell, hosting her self-titled MSNBC show on Wednesday, got into a bit of a tiff with Republican Senator John Barrasso over, of all things, a scheduling conflict. Mitchell opened her broadcast of Andrea Mitchell Reports asking why the Republicans delayed a meeting with the President as she whined: "How about that for setting a new tone of bipartisanship in Washington?" Then the NBC News correspondent brought on Barrasso to explain the great slight to the President as she pestered: "Senator so what happened? You guys are just too busy tomorrow?"

Mitchell even brought up the complaint via her Twitter account where she compared it to when a then House Speaker Newt Gingrich once complained about his seating arrangement on Air Force One during the Clinton administration:

Dissing POTUS -sources say white house wanted to meet, GOP "couldn't" - is this like newt complaining abt his seat on af1? could backfire?​

:killingme

[eyeblast]hdSU6USUSU[/eyeblast]

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Andy, Andy. Come quick. It's that woman with pointy nipples that turns you on so much!

Last edited:

ImnoMensa

Same kind of bipartisanship we saw the last two years.

These guys really are too transparent.

Obama started off with an invitation that was more a Command than anything else.

The Republicans told him what he can do with his Commands.

All the Idiot in Chief had to do was call the Republican leadership ,or have one of his House servants call ,and work out a schedule that was conducive to both.

The Turd in the Punchbowl, thinks he is King. Perhaps one day he will realise that he isn't.

Look out boys ,he is planning on breaking all existing records with his Royal Executive Orders. Tell Obama to take his form of Bi-Partisanship and shove it where the sun , don't shine. Give hims the same Bi-Partisanship Republicans got when they tried to solve problems with the 2,000 page health care Bill.

SamSpade

Obama started off with an invitation that was more a Command than anything else.

I'm trying to remember during the healthcare debate, when the subject came up that Obama still hadn't met with McConnell or Boehner. At all.

For a person interested in bipartisanship, he personally showed an astonishing unwillingness to engage in it.

thurley42

HY;FR
Although it's nothing new and obviously said before a million times:

A. It's completely embarrassing that this is what our mighty government has become.......a bunch of overpaid windbags who fight like school kids...

B. I wonder if this is what we can expect for the next two years....since the country has obviously made it known we are sick of their inability to act, they will resort to childish fights to make it appear like they were trying to get their work done, but the other kept flicking their ear....

Vince

Well, Vince, why the change of heart? :lol:

Obama would love nothing more, now that his world has flipped upside down, for some bipartisanship! :lol:
You're a regular comedian Larry. :lol: Yeah, he probably would like some bipartisanship with Republicans in control of the House, but I think they're telling him to shove it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, I'm pretty sure he'd rather be exalted ruler again and not have to deal with any opposition.

Yes, but, the point is, he can't be Grand Exalted Poobah anymore. He messed that up so, now he's Sad Sack Seeking Suckers...err...statesmen...to play nice with.

:lol:

Vince

No, I'm pretty sure he'd rather be exalted ruler again and not have to deal with any opposition.
He probably has figured out that by 2012, no one will be ready to re-elect him so he'll declare himself king by then.....or the new Dem dictator.