Headless Deer

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
On Cedarville Road in Waldorf, there is a dead deer on the roadside...yes, we all see them and it's very sad...but this was DISTURBING and even more SAD and made me very ANGRY.

The deer was headless. Some SOB cut the head off. What the...was this person good to put that meat on their dinner table?....what kind of person would do this. Few years back I saw one that was dead, not gutted, no visible injuries but the antlers were cut out. This is much worse in my opinion. Who ever did this, hope you sleep well at night.

On Cedarville Road in Waldorf, there is a dead deer on the roadside...yes, we all see them and it's very sad...but this was DISTURBING and even more SAD and made me very ANGRY.

The deer was headless. Some SOB cut the head off. What the...was this person good to put that meat on their dinner table?....what kind of person would do this. Few years back I saw one that was dead, not gutted, no visible injuries but the antlers were cut out. This is much worse in my opinion. Who ever did this, hope you sleep well at night.

If it was a buck hit by a vehicle, you can't eat the meat as the bladder and other internals contaminate on impact.

Doesn't make it right that they just left the body on the side of the road, but I'm offering an explanation as to why it wasn't picked up for meat.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
If it was a buck hit by a vehicle, you can't eat the meat as the bladder and other internals contaminate on impact.

Doesn't make it right that they just left the body on the side of the road, but I'm offering an explanation as to why it wasn't picked up for meat.

I completely understand that. They could have done something other than leaving it on the side of the road. Doubt they stood on the side of the road cutting the head off....someone would have surely seen....maybe it was dumped there. Still disgusts me to no end and I won't travel Cedarville Road until it's been removed!

dawn

I saw that Saturday and grossed out. I usually call the county or state when I see dead deer, but unfortunately threw out the paper that I wrote the nearest house address down on. I hope someone else puts that call in, because it will be awhile before I am on Cederville Road again. That was a very sad sight to see.

dawn

I completely understand that. They could have done something other than leaving it on the side of the road. Doubt they stood on the side of the road cutting the head off....someone would have surely seen....maybe it was dumped there. Still disgusts me to no end and I won't travel Cedarville Road until it's been removed!

Yeah, it was right at the edge of the road, couldnt miss it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Doubt they stood on the side of the road cutting the head off....!

Listening to the radio in PA one morning..

The early drive into Pittsburgh reporting a man on the side of the road with a saw cutting off the head of deer. It was a HUGE buck, and he was taking the head, maybe in the hopes of winning a deer lottery.

By the time the radio reported it, hundreds of passing commuters saw it, and by the time the cops got there all that was left was a decapitated carcass.

So yes, he MAY have sat right there on the side of the road and went all Muslim on that deer..

H

HazyCloud

Oh yes, I'm sure someone dumped it there. :sarcasm: It's more likely that the deer was hit late at night or in the wee hours of the morning, since this is when they usually travel. If this is the case, perhaps the DRIVER THAT HIT THE DEER took the antlers/deer head as a small compensation for the extensive damage that was undoubtedly done to his vehicle. He could have quickly done this with no one seeing if it was late at night or early in the morning. I like how some touchy-feely wom...er...people let their emotions get in the way and jump to conclusions and are ready to crucify without knowing the facts.

Oh yes, I'm sure someone dumped it there. :sarcasm: It's more likely that the deer was hit late at night or in the wee hours of the morning, since this is when they usually travel. If this is the case, perhaps the DRIVER THAT HIT THE DEER took the antlers/deer head as a small compensation for the extensive damage that was undoubtedly done to his vehicle. He could have quickly done this with no one seeing if it was late at night or early in the morning. I like how some touchy-feely wom...er...people let their emotions get in the way and jump to conclusions and are ready to crucify without knowing the facts.

Right. Plus they use the antlers for luring bucks in and he may not have had the tools to do that so he just took the whole head.

ITS ME

Correct me if I am wrong, but dont some people hunt just to get the heads?

JoeMac

Although most of the meat will be ruined from the impact there are usually some cuts that can be salvaged. Just because it was hit doesn't render it unusable.

Correct me if I am wrong, but dont some people hunt just to get the heads?

There are some unethical hunters out there. Most likely egged on by the tv shows. Most of the deer shot on tv are donated.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!

Touchy-feely women you say. Way off base here fella, I got my first deer at 14 with my dad!

H

HazyCloud

Touchy-feely women you say. Way off base here fella, I got my first deer at 14 with my dad!
Then, what's the big deal about seeing a headless deer alongside the road? Someone either hit the deer and then cut the head off, or someone noticed a road kill and quickly cut the head off. I am not saying he/she should have cut the head off, although I really don't have a problem with it. It is, however, unlawful to remove a deer or parts of a deer from alongside the road. It's just not something that is going to give me the willies or cause me to modify my travel plans.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Whoever hit that deer should of stopped and helped save the deer, then this would never of happened.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I get disgusted every time I watch Rocky movies and he is in the meat locker pounding away on that headless meat. I mean who beats their meat without the head being connected?

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I have heard several people say they stop and cut the head off of a dead deer. I never understood it. Why would you want the head of a deer you didn't kill? Could be that someone hit it and someone else came by and snatched the head.