My teen step daughter was not prejudiced...

tipsymcgee

Even if this was not a law, which it is, I'm afraid I would have a lot of difficulty endorsing an enterprise which is as fraught with genuine peril as I believe this one to be. Besides the liquor and the drugs which always seem to accompany such an event the thing that distresses me even more, Hazy, is the spiritual corruption that can be involved. These dances and this kind of music can be destructive, and, uh, Hazy, I'm afraid you're going to find most of the people in our community are gonna agree with me on this.

well said

Last edited:

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
...until we moved to Calvert County from Charles. Since then, she makes the "watermelon and fried chicken" jokes, she says that "all black women look mean," she says that "all the blacks in her school are related," she dislikes Hispanic people (who she refers to all as "Mexicans"). This is definitely not how she acted when we lived in Charles County. She had many friends of many races in Charles County, and paid no mind to what race or cultural background they were from. I have not heard her use racial epithets, but her friends use them regularly from what I understand. Her mother is definitely not like this. She must be getting it from her friends. Many of her friends and their parents admit they dislike blacks due to their experiences that they claim have caused them to leave other counties. Does anyone else witness this prejudiced behaviour in Calvert? It seems like it is more prevalent in Calvert than in Charles. I can't speak for St. Mary's.

So far Calvert County is the most racist place I've ever lived. My children have been called ###### by other children and occasionally by their parents as well. Each of my kids has had a child in their class that "isn't allowed to play with black people". Very nice. Hell even just read many of the racist posts on this very forum. Quite a difference coming from Montgomery county MD and Fairfax county Va.

oldman

Lobster Land
Isn't this a shame. It's not the nationality, race or color of a person it's their personality or whatever they need to be judged on. There is good and bad in all of us so it's just wrong to generalize. In all my years there has never been anyone I didn't like once I got to know them and of course there were a few I didn't so just stayed away from them.

stars24

...until we moved to Calvert County from Charles. Since then, she makes the "watermelon and fried chicken" jokes, she says that "all black women look mean," she says that "all the blacks in her school are related," she dislikes Hispanic people (who she refers to all as "Mexicans"). This is definitely not how she acted when we lived in Charles County. She had many friends of many races in Charles County, and paid no mind to what race or cultural background they were from. I have not heard her use racial epithets, but her friends use them regularly from what I understand. Her mother is definitely not like this. She must be getting it from her friends. Many of her friends and their parents admit they dislike blacks due to their experiences that they claim have caused them to leave other counties. Does anyone else witness this prejudiced behaviour in Calvert? It seems like it is more prevalent in Calvert than in Charles. I can't speak for St. Mary's.

It is prevalent around here.... but I'm glad you see that it's a problem and can help set her straight. A lot of kids don't have parents that will correct them when they say such things.... and I'm sure some even encourage it. We need more parents like you (and your wife).

Toxick

Splat
Does anyone else witness this prejudiced behaviour in Calvert? It seems like it is more prevalent in Calvert than in Charles. I can't speak for St. Mary's.

My kids haven't brought any racism home from school.

Then again, I don't let them associate with rednecks, white trash and other assorted cracker-ass crackers, so we're bypassing the racism-train right there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm talking about some of her friends that live in McMansions of Dunkirk, that drive expensive cars at age 16 or 17, and that have parents that have either good government jobs or executive jobs in the private sector. I'm talking about snobs in many cases.

I think you find more of that sort of thing among the so-called "good" kids than you do with the lower classes. At least that is my experience. I'm just thrilled that my kids are grown, with a good value system in place, and I no longer have to explain to any youngsters that that is not how we talk, or how we treat people.

bcp

In My Opinion
My kids haven't brought any racism home from school.

Then again,don't let them associate with rednecks, white trash and other assorted cracker-ass crackers I , so we're bypassing the racism-train right there.

Certainly good that you are teaching them not to display racial stereotypes.

be a shame if they started using derogatory names to describe a certain group of people based on their actions and color.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
WTF!?!?!? I understood most of that!!! Lithium is good, my friend...:buddies:

Edit: lance is even faster then :otter:.!

Last edited:

BOP

Certainly good that you are teaching them not to display racial stereotypes.

be a shame if they started using derogatory names to describe a certain group of people based on their actions and color.

Shut up, cracker.

:popcorn:

slowlane

Please explain --Who or what is "Lance" ? A spear, a medical tool, a brand of crackers, or a certain person I'm not familiar with ?

E

EmptyTimCup

Please explain --Who or what is "Lance" ? A spear, a medical tool, a brand of crackers, or a certain person I'm not familiar with ?

look in Chit Chat ........ I am the Edge I Control It

annemayer

1.People everywhere are racist. It is as alive and well as ever,people have just learned to hide it better.
2.Sometimes what is a stereotype is one because it happens so often.WalMart looked like there was a Nascar race going on simultaneously with the Million Man March on Black Friday.Sorry,it's true. I'm not racist,I make fun of everyone.
3.Your child is the problem,not the peers. If she has changed based on who is around at the time,that is a character flaw,and one YOU have to nip. My kids think people like your daughters friends are to be both mocked and pitied,and they sure as hell don't try to fit in with them.

Jokes are jokes,but being hateful is not to be tolerated. You need to forget the kids she is around,and raise her to think for herself. Disclaimer:I have jews,blacks,italians,catholics,and retards in my family,so I can say anything.

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
My entire family are racists and I have many friends that are Black, Guatemalan, Jewish, White, Hindi, and Filipino. Why? Because I made up my own mind and think a person is a person. If someone says a racist joke do I laugh? Yes. If someone makes a blonde joke do I laugh? Yes. It's a joke, there are jokes about every race and religion it doesn't mean that it's actually meant to be taken serious or cruel, just stupid and funny.

Honestly though, you can't just blame her friends or environment she has her own mind and decision making process that she needs to put to better use. Too many blame everything and everyone but the children. Last time I heard each child is born with it's own brain and personalty.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
1.People everywhere are racist. It is as alive and well as ever,people have just learned to hide it better.
2.Sometimes what is a stereotype is one because it happens so often.WalMart looked like there was a Nascar race going on simultaneously with the Million Man March on Black Friday.Sorry,it's true. I'm not racist,I make fun of everyone.
3.Your child is the problem,not the peers. If she has changed based on who is around at the time,that is a character flaw,and one YOU have to nip. My kids think people like your daughters friends are to be both mocked and pitied,and they sure as hell don't try to fit in with them.

Jokes are jokes,but being hateful is not to be tolerated. You need to forget the kids she is around,and raise her to think for herself. Disclaimer:I have jews,blacks,italians,catholics,and retards in my family,so I can say anything.

From what I've read from you.. I don't dare reply but well, I am feeling bold.

1. There are truly some racist people, but no not everywhere. The OP has a valid concern as it is more prevelant in areas such as Somd that lack cultural diversity. (compared to places like Montgomery County)
2. Statement reflects that you're an idiot.
3. It's known that a kid's peers are a GIANT influence on their behavior, especially in their early teen years. I am glad the OP can see that there is a problem creeping up and I am sure he/she will address it.

Disclaimer: You just may be the retard of the family. :yay: