"The girl...

with the dragon tatoo" and the others in that series. Always popping up on kindle and the NYT best seller list. So I started reading the first one. OMG! 25% through and without a doubt the boringest book I have ever read. Only thing interesting is learning a bit about the Scandanivian area.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
:lmao: Everybody always says those books are so good, but they sound really boring. :lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'll let it be known if I ever drag though this one. She seems like an interesting enough character, but she hasn't really popped up much yet.

Marketing and a good ad campaign can make any. Book a beat seller. Write the crappiest book known to man but have enough money to be on Oprah

BESTSELLER!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
with the dragon tatoo" and the others in that series. Always popping up on kindle and the NYT best seller list. So I started reading the first one. OMG! 25% through and without a doubt the boringest book I have ever read. Only thing interesting is learning a bit about the Scandanivian area.

So many books, so little time....

If it's that boring, I'd just quit reading it and go find another good book. With so many good ones out there, why waste your time on something that doesn't interest you? There is no law that says that you must finish every book that you start to read.

I always tell my kids -- if you don't like it within the first 25 pages, put it down and go pick another one.

So many books, so little time....

If it's that boring, I'd just quit reading it and go find another good book. With so many good ones out there, why waste your time on something that doesn't interest you? There is no law that says that you must finish every book that you start to read.

I always tell my kids -- if you don't like it within the first 25 pages, put it down and go pick another one.

Helps me go to sleep.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I enjoyed Dragon Tattoo but it was a very predictable and the plot was thin, plus I thought the characters were one-dimensional. Not one that kept me up all night engrossed. I have samples for the next two in the series but it's unlikely I'll get to them.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Helps me go to sleep.

:lol: Ah, I see -- you want boring! I've found that catching up on my many magazines or Benadryl or a glass of wine works for me. The most boring book I've ever read was a book on the Cuban Missile crisis written by Henry Kissinger. It was a text book assigned for a college course on American politics. Swear to God, I had to sit there with a dictionary beside me and look up about every eighth word and I've been known for having exceptional vocabulary knowledge!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I read the girl with the dragon tattoo..I was not fan. The first part is terrifically boring, all the financial info bored the hell out of me, and had no bearing on the story, nor did I need to know it to understand the story. It was predictable and the characters so obvious With a bunch of random sex thrown in (because the best female characters are always tough whores with a heart of gold :eyeroll:), about as helpful as the financial info. I won't be reading any more.

This is why i don't read best sellers...most people have terrible taste.:lmao: As a side note, also do not read "little bee" it was terrible, insipid, and useless.