Santa in Calvert County?

onelove6366

My friend wants to take her 2 yo to meet Santa. My friend does not have a lot of money and wants to take her own picture of her daughter with Santa however she doesn't know any place that will allow this. Most places are running their own gig and charge quite a lot for the picture (the flyer she showed me has a cheapest price of $20.00 for 2 5 X 7's).

Anybody know where Santa will be appearing for a cost free meet and photo session if the parent takes their own pics?

Isn't it ridiculous that anyone would even need to ask this question? My kids are grown - and I remember this stuff costing too much back then - in these times it is something you want but really can't afford!

Thanks!

TurboK9

My friend wants to take her 2 yo to meet Santa. My friend does not have a lot of money and wants to take her own picture of her daughter with Santa however she doesn't know any place that will allow this. Most places are running their own gig and charge quite a lot for the picture (the flyer she showed me has a cheapest price of $20.00 for 2 5 X 7's).

Anybody know where Santa will be appearing for a cost free meet and photo session if the parent takes their own pics?

Isn't it ridiculous that anyone would even need to ask this question? My kids are grown - and I remember this stuff costing too much back then - in these times it is something you want but really can't afford!

Thanks!

Patuxent HS had a fundraiser last year where they had Santa, no charge for the kids to meet and a small charge for a cheap pic... lots of people were taking their own. It is a fundraiser so if she does this, she should still give what she can, even if just a couple bucks.

:yay:

Abc123

Or you could take her to the mall on a girl date, say you want to get a pic of santa as a remembrance. Pay for the pics and give them to her. She will be grateful.
I con my down-and-out friends with schemes like this all the time.

Patuxent HS had a fundraiser last year where they had Santa, no charge for the kids to meet and a small charge for a cheap pic... lots of people were taking their own. It is a fundraiser so if she does this, she should still give what she can, even if just a couple bucks.

sparkysgirl

You can check with your local fire department too for the Santa Run events. I've never seen kids so excited as when you combine fire trucks and Santa, and she can take all the pics she wants.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Or you could take her to the mall on a girl date, say you want to get a pic of santa as a remembrance. Pay for the pics and give them to her. She will be grateful.
I con my down-and-out friends with schemes like this all the time.

:huggy:

do this. Very nice.

poster

Thanks!

Call the local fire departments, lodges, rotary clubs, community centers and find out what they have planned. You should also call dept of parks and recs and see if they have anything scheduled. Chances are you'll find someplace that is having a community event and usually there is no to little charge and no one cares if you take your own pictures!!

OH and fyi...last year there was a Santa at the Walmart that greated all the kids coming in - free of charge with a single photo. I'd call - they might be doing it again. We just happened upon it on an early weekend morning, there was 0 wait time.

Also, Homestead Gardens has a huge indoor tree display every year, there's been a santa that comes in there and I'm pretty sure that was free too. Plus there are lots of photo oportunities in there with all the trees and decor, lots of people taking pictures.

Last edited:

tomtom

If your friend wants, I am happy to do it. I play Santa for free, and I have done it at Civista Hospital, Calvert Memorial, local nursing centers before. PM me if interested.

OldHillcrestGuy

Hughesville Vol Fire Dept. has lunch with Santa this coming Saturday 12-3pm. Its only $5 and child (10 and under) gets a lunch from Chic-fil-a of chicken nuggets, fruit, chips and drink. Parents are encouraged to bring thier camera's.

T

toppick08

Hughesville Vol Fire Dept. has lunch with Santa this coming Saturday 12-3pm. Its only $5 and child (10 and under) gets a lunch from Chic-fil-a of chicken nuggets, fruit, chips and drink. Parents are encouraged to bring thier camera's.

LaValley playing the fat man this year ?...:whistle:

OldHillcrestGuy

LaValley playing the fat man this year ?...:whistle:

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I did it for a couple of years, but I prefered to stay up on the truck, instead of kids hanging all over you. lol I had lots of fun doing it, and I'll never forget this one little kid, we had gone to big gathering of a very big family at thier farm, must have been 25-30 kids, they wanted me to get down
and this one kid maybe 6-7 started quizzing me about the names of all the reindeers, wanted me to rattle them all off, to see if I was a fraud. Ill always remember that.

T

toppick08

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I did it for a couple of years, but I prefered to stay up on the truck, instead of kids hanging all over you. lol I had lots of fun doing it, and I'll never forget this one little kid, we had gone to big gathering of a very big family at thier farm, must have been 25-30 kids, they wanted me to get down
and this one kid maybe 6-7 started quizzing me about the names of all the reindeers, wanted me to rattle them all off, to see if I was a fraud. Ill always remember that.

4ps

OLSS School Christmas Bazaar/Call 410-326-3171

Thanks!

We are supposed to have SantaLand at our Fundraiser. I'm sure pictures will be affordable. It is a fundraiser to help keep our school open another 77 plus years. Holiday shopping and activities for the kiddos. A fun indoor time! Dec 18th. OLSSS. Thanks for looking! Hope to see you there.

Abc123

Too funny! I'm a female, and work in a women's clothing store.
Several years ago, my company required that someone be Santa. A co-workers husband dressed up for us for a few hours, and once he decided he was through with the rugrats, I was the lucky suit-wearer.
So here I am, makeup on and everything, dressed for work. I put the suit on and obviously, still looked like a girl. I washed my makeup off, but my mascara was the waterproof kind. I was like "Oh well, what kid is gonna look that close?" Ha.
About 3 hours into my shift, this adorable little kid is half way through giving me his list, and he looks up at me and goes real loud..."HEY!!! Santa doesn't wear black junk on his eyes!!!!"
To cover my tracks, I told him one of the elves accidentally knocked a can of paint over on me, and it got stuck on my eyes. He believed me. Whew!

onelove6366

Thank you all so much! This information has been extremely helpful.

TomTom - I've let my friend know of your offer and will PM you if needed. THANKS!

While I'd love to be able to help her out - money is tight as always and as it turns out I'm working every weekend in December on my PT jobs and then Christmas, then next day I am traveling to get my grandchildren to have them for the last week of the year!!!!!

With my work schedule, the need to buy presents, decorating the house, preparing for a houseful of guests and everything in between I'm starting to wonder where I will find time to sleep!

I don't know how I'm going to make my non-existent Christmas Budget stretch this far but somehow I always manage to pull it off every year!

onelove6366

Cute story. Kids say the funniest things! good that you were thinking so fast!

We hired a clown once for a summer time party we held at my house. The clown was to entertain the kids. This was many years ago and my nephew who was about 6 at the time (he is 27 now) shouted out to the clown as he was doing his act "Hey, your not a clown - you're a real person - I can see your watch!". That was SO Funny!

Too funny! I'm a female, and work in a women's clothing store.
Several years ago, my company required that someone be Santa. A co-workers husband dressed up for us for a few hours, and once he decided he was through with the rugrats, I was the lucky suit-wearer.
So here I am, makeup on and everything, dressed for work. I put the suit on and obviously, still looked like a girl. I washed my makeup off, but my mascara was the waterproof kind. I was like "Oh well, what kid is gonna look that close?" Ha.
About 3 hours into my shift, this adorable little kid is half way through giving me his list, and he looks up at me and goes real loud..."HEY!!! Santa doesn't wear black junk on his eyes!!!!"
To cover my tracks, I told him one of the elves accidentally knocked a can of paint over on me, and it got stuck on my eyes. He believed me. Whew!

Abc123

It was priceless...I think of it everytime I see a "Santa"!

Cute story. Kids say the funniest things! good that you were thinking so fast!

We hired a clown once for a summer time party we held at my house. The clown was to entertain the kids. This was many years ago and my nephew who was about 6 at the time (he is 27 now) shouted out to the clown as he was doing his act "Hey, your not a clown - you're a real person - I can see your watch!". That was SO Funny!

hotcoffee

If your friend [or other's friends] lives in Chesapeake Ranch Estates, Santa will be at the Children's Christmas Party December 18th 1-4PM. I'm not sure what time he will arrive exactly, but I know he'll be there.

It's a party for CRE Members and their guests so if they live in CRE or they know someone to sponsor them.... it's an option...

I was planning to have a camera there to take pictures so I can email them to the parents after the party.