Hey all you honkies

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Stop blowing your damn horn.

Woman in a minivan in front of me, blahblahblahing on her phone. No hands-free apparently :tuttut:

She, because she's not paying attention, flips on her signal and immediately gets into the left lane, cutting off the guy that used to be in the spot she wanted to occupy.

He slows to avoid her, and then lays on the horn, startling the chit out of not only her, but me as well.

She jerks the wheel to the right and tries to take me out, but I was ready for her and gave her some room.

So if the guy saw her coming, which he obviously did because he took steps to avoid her, what the hell was the purpose of the horn??? Why not just let her go, no harm no foul? Why have your car scream at her, scaring the crap out of all the drivers around you and almost causing an accident?

We can talk about Ms. Oblivion later, but my rant is with impatient road ragers who feel the need to express themselves.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
We can talk about Ms. Oblivion later, but my rant is with impatient road ragers who feel the need to express themselves.

With everyone yapping on cell phones, texting, tweezing eyebrows, :blahblah: the ever-popular middle finger gesture has lost its popularity. We have no recourse but to use sound to get the attenion of the offender.

Cowgirl

I honked at an old guy once because he pulled right out in front of me and I was going 60 mph. Luckily for me the left lane was open so I was able to quickly move over, but as I did I laid on the horn. If you don't beep, how does the inconsiderate a-hole know they better pay attention?

betty99

I agree, horn chastisement is mandatory for such infractions. There was a gentleman clearly texting this morning, that or else he was very intently staring at his crotch for another reason, and was doing the slow-roll-speed-up-slow-down-crazy-drunken-drive-down-the-left-lane dance. He required a swift horn audible in the tail.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I honked at an old guy once because he pulled right out in front of me and I was going 60 mph. Luckily for me the left lane was open so I was able to quickly move over, but as I did I laid on the horn. If you don't beep, how does the inconsiderate a-hole know they better pay attention?

But shouldn't they already realize they should be paying attention while driving? Do you really think blowing your horn at them will straighten them out and make them see the error of their ways?

The only time I ever blow my horn is if I'm at a light that's turned green and the daydreamer in front of me sits there. And even then I just give it a little tap. *beep* Wake up, dummy!

Vince

Woman in a minivan in front of me, blahblahblahing on her phone. No hands-free apparently :tuttut:

She, because she's not paying attention, flips on her signal and immediately gets into the left lane, cutting off the guy that used to be in the spot she wanted to occupy.

He slows to avoid her, and then lays on the horn, startling the chit out of not only her, but me as well.

She jerks the wheel to the right and tries to take me out, but I was ready for her and gave her some room.

So if the guy saw her coming, which he obviously did because he took steps to avoid her, what the hell was the purpose of the horn??? Why not just let her go, no harm no foul? Why have your car scream at her, scaring the crap out of all the drivers around you and almost causing an accident?

I thought that what horns were for, to blow them at the idiots on the road so they know they did something stupid. :shrug: But then most of them don't care if they did something stupid as long as they've gotten where they want and what they want.

Ms. Oblivion not on the phone and breaking the law, no problem to begin with. Dayum, that was easy.

T

toppick08

I agree, horn chastisement is mandatory for such infractions. There was a gentleman clearly texting this morning, that or else he was very intently staring at his crotch for another reason, and was doing the slow-roll-speed-up-slow-down-crazy-drunken-drive-down-the-left-lane dance. He required a swift horn audible in the tail.

:yay:

Beta84

They're out to get us

Ding. If you honk your horn then they might realize they're being an idiot and pay a little more attention. If you don't, they may continue doing the same thing and hit you or someone else.

People are way too conservative with their use of horns. I bet some accidents would be prevented if they were more willing to use them. Most countries don't share our conservative horn approach...but who can blame them, people in most places drive worse than we do.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I thought you didn't like passive-aggressive behavior. :lol:

Cowgirl

But shouldn't they already realize they should be paying attention while driving? Do you really think blowing your horn at them will straighten them out and make them see the error of their ways?

I guess they don't realize they should be paying attention while driving because they made a stupid mistake like cutting someone off. :lol: It might not make them permanently good drivers, but it will make them wake up and say, "Oh crap, I messed up. I better get my head out of my rear end and pay attention."

Vince

But shouldn't they already realize they should be paying attention while driving? Do you really think blowing your horn at them will straighten them out and make them see the error of their ways?The only time I ever blow my horn is if I'm at a light that's turned green and the daydreamer in front of me sits there. And even then I just give it a little tap. *beep* Wake up, dummy!
Nope. It will probably startle them and make them do something even dummer. :lol: But then you can't fix stupid. :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

The only time I ever blow my horn is if I'm at a light that's turned green and the daydreamer in front of me sits there. And even then I just give it a little tap. *beep* Wake up, dummy!

What the hell is wrong with you? You are getting way too touchy-feely. It feels GOOD to lay on the horn when someone driving near you is in a catatonic state.

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nope. It will probably startle them and make them do something even dummer.

That's what happened in this case. Fortunately I had a front row seat and saw it coming.

But I found the cutest boots at Belk! They're absolutely perfect and exactly what I was looking for! :cartwheel:

T

toppick08

What the hell is wrong with you? You are getting way too touchy-feely. It feels GOOD to lay on the horn when someone driving near you is in a catatonic state.

:lol:

She needs some Air Supply...:coffee:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
And who gets so scared from a horn beep that they swerve the wheel?
I did once when I inadvertently cut some guy off and he let me know. I had recently gotten my license and was still under 500 miles on the road, if that makes a difference. :lol:

Abc123

Ummmm...Vrai??? Do you know what Pete looks like????
http://forums.somd.com/chit-chat/218657-so-i-am-driving-down-road-today.html