Anniversary dinner

quailridge

This Saturday is our anniversary. My husband and I would like to go out to dinner for a nice meal....it doesn't necessarily have to be fancy, just good food and nice atmosphere. We live in St. Mary's but would be willing to go most anyplace in Southern Maryland. We go to the Front Porch alot so would like to go some place new. Any thoughts or recommendations?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
This Saturday is our anniversary. My husband and I would like to go out to dinner for a nice meal....it doesn't necessarily have to be fancy, just good food and nice atmosphere. We live in St. Mary's but would be willing to go most anyplace in Southern Maryland. We go to the Front Porch alot so would like to go some place new. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Jerry's Place in Prince Frederick. :yay:

quailridge

It's been years since we have been to Clarke's Landing....that is a definite maybe. What kind of food does Jerry's have?

quailridge

I really appreciate your taking the time to send me feedback. At this time, looks like it will be JERRY'S PLACE!! Thanks again for your input.

OldHillcrestGuy

:yay::yay: Its the best, just a bit on the expensive side compared to some of the other places, but well worth it. Jerry will bring you several little samples to taste while you wait, the kale and stewed tomatoes really good. The crab ball for 2, is the bomb. Jerry sure adds so much to having a good time, he loves to talk. Get there early on a Tuesday night cause he leaves early to play poker.

quailridge

Jerry sounds like quite a colorful fellow. I look forward to meeting him. My husband and I will be there this Saturday evening so no worry for Jerry trying to cut out early to play poker!

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I suggest a night at a nice Baltimore Hotel within walking distance of the Inner Harbor.

Go up early on Saturday, get to the hotel, lounge around, hit the pool.. order room service.. then take a short jaunt (or taxi ride if you don't like the cold) to Fogo de Chao.. You'll probably want to walk back to the hotel no matter how cold, as you're going to want to work off some of the meal before going back to the room.

Maybe a walk across the street for a piece of cheesecake for dessert, before heading back to the room.

If you look online some of the hotels may even offer romance/ anniversary packages over the week-end. Just check the schedule for the convention center to make sure you don't end up romancing amongst a bunch of Anime fans in costume.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I suggest a night at a nice Baltimore Hotel within walking distance of the Inner Harbor.

Go up early on Saturday, get to the hotel, lounge around, hit the pool.. order room service.. then take a short jaunt (or taxi ride if you don't like the cold) to Fogo de Chao.. You'll probably want to walk back to the hotel no matter how cold, as you're going to want to work off some of the meal before going back to the room.

Maybe a walk across the street for a piece of cheesecake for dessert, before heading back to the room.

If you look online some of the hotels may even offer romance/ anniversary packages over the week-end. Just check the schedule for the convention center to make sure you don't end up romancing amongst a bunch of Anime fans in costume.

Why, damn, that sounds like a perfect time. You sure are romantic. :love: And I saw the reservation for us to spend our anniversary up there. I can't wait! :smoochy:

Yep loved the night we spent there. Turns out we were near a local fire or rescue squad. Did you know they will turn on their sirens and leave the garage any time of night on a call? How rude!:lmao:

T

toppick08

Yep loved the night we spent there. Turns out we were near a local fire or rescue squad. Did you know they will turn on their sirens and leave the garage any time of night on a call? How rude!:lmao:

:lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Found that out living across the highway from the Solomons Fire House..

They are NOT nice about the use of their sirens at 2 AM.

sevatter

NO, don't go to Clarke's Landing!

:yeahthat: Clarke's Landing in Hollywood is always good too!

I took my husband there for his birthday and it was terrible! Lukewarm soup and coffee, medium sized shrimp when the menu said they were JUMBO, plus terrible service to boot made for a bad experience!

I do recommend DiGiovanni's in Solomons or Cafe Artiste in Leonardtown. But NOT Clarke's Landing!!!

Hazel

DH and I stopped in there on Saturday for dinner for the first time, based on this post - we loved it. Got there early, around 4, so we just beat the line forming at the door. Everything we got was perfectly cooked and fresh, and the service was great as well. I would highly recommend Jerry's, and I will definitely go back.