food donations

letsgosailing

Donations for "Mikes Bikes of Lexington Park Food Fund" is collecting canned goods to distibute to familys this Christmas season. Look for the Mikes Bikes bus today and this evening in Mechanicsville at "Motovation Cycles" rte 5/ rte 235 southbound. Last year we provided over 1400 turkey dinners to families in St Marys county. "Fill that Bus!"

Terrid76

Trying to push this thread up. Mike filled the bus and is trying to get the food to those that need it. He really could use some help....even if you can only deliver one food basket or 20 or more. He has families needing help from Ridge to 7th district to Mechanicsville, not to mention 30 or more in the park area. Don't have much time, take one to drop off on your way home tonight or at lunch. It really only takes about 5 minutes of your day but makes memories that last a long time.

I know some on this forum will make comments about people owning stuff and really not needing this food. My family has been helping Mike, off and on, for several years. Some families probably didn't need the help and should have turned it down. Others, I wish I could have given them more. There will always be those that work the system but I'm not going to let that single parent trying to make ends meet or the WWII vet who has fallen on hard times not have a Christmas dinner because of those few.

If you can help, thanks.

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
I helped out Mike before I went back to work for my two weeks at work.I ran three truck loads of food to the church.I took two full truck loads of can goods from walmart he bought.I would help out more but I'am stuck up here at work in Philly.

Terrid76

Wow. I don't know if it was just this forum or the blurbs on elsewhere or word of mouth or what but I know when I went by Mike's shop two days ago he had well over 100 baskets to be delivered and no help. I stopped by yesterday to return one of the baskets that I picked up as the person who was to get it is in ICU and won't be home for Christmas. I pray she will be home for the New Year but that's a whole different thread.

Anyway, Mike said he'd had people coming in all day taking what they could and several mentioned seeing his need for help on a local forum. If you've ever met Mike, you will know he isn't real big on technology.

So, of those of you that took the time to stop and help, THANKS!!!! He's down to a few deliveries in the Lex Pk area. How awesome is that!