Interesting traffic this morning

bohman

Anybody else happen to see most of a jet go rolling backwards down 235 this morning? I assume it was something out of the museum lot, but I only caught a brief glimpse of it. Wondered if anybody else knew the scoop.

I don't normally post anything about the base here, but I figure if you're going to roll a jet through morning rush hour traffic, it isn't sensitive info.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Anybody else happen to see most of a jet go rolling backwards down 235 this morning? I assume it was something out of the museum lot, but I only caught a brief glimpse of it. Wondered if anybody else knew the scoop.

I don't normally post anything about the base here, but I figure if you're going to roll a jet through morning rush hour traffic, it isn't sensitive info.

:jet:

:popcorn:

TurboK9

Crazy ass Navy pilots!!!

So... do F/A 18s go 'beep beep beep' when they back up?

Pyrotech

Les Paul Addict
Crazy ass Navy pilots!!!

So... do F/A 18s go 'beep beep beep' when they back up?

I do know quite a bit about that- I watched it roll out this morning after workers have been stripping it for a couple weeks. I made a joke this morning as it rolled out that the local public ought to love that one...:killingme

Thats just awesome :yahoo:

Some made jokes that we ought to put signs on it that "Due to present lack of funding, we couldnt afford the wings, so we are forced to drop unfinished aircraft bodies on the enemy"....

It was a display in front of a building onbase. The museum only has a legacy Hornet, the one you saw was a Superhornet.

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I do know quite a bit about that- I watched it roll out this morning after workers have been stripping it for a couple weeks. I made a joke this morning as it rolled out that the local public ought to love that one...:killingme

Thats just awesome :yahoo:

Some made jokes that we ought to put signs on it that "Due to present lack of funding, we couldnt afford the wings, so we are forced to drop unfinished aircraft bodies on the enemy"....

It was a display in front of a building onbase. The museum only has a legacy Hornet, the one you saw was a Superhornet.

:giggle: :otter:

so it came to me.... "Grandma got run over by a jet, rolling out the hanger yesterday... " :getdown:

Last edited:

TurboK9

:giggle: :otter:

so it came to me.... "Grandma got run over by a jet plane, rolling out the hanger yesterday... " :getdown:

(fixed)

And if you say you don't believe in taxi lanes,
I suggest you friggin' call the FAA.

Last edited:

bohman

You people aren't right. :lmao:

But thanks for at least confirming that I didn't imagine that. Was starting to wonder what was in my coffee.