Big and Tall clothes

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Why is it that so called "big and tall" stores really just sell "big" clothes? I'm trying to shop for my dad. He's 6ft tall and typically weights around 125 lbs...although he's been sick lately and not as active as normal, so he's fattened up to a whooping 140 lbs.

If I buy him pants that fit in the waist, they look like knickers...especially sweatpants, which is what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of any place that actually sells "tall" clothes?

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
There's a big and tall website - kingsizedirect.com that carries men's 'T's and Belks has a large selection of men's 'T's'. My husband is 6' XLT and son is 6'3"XXLT.

edit: Burlington Coat factory in Waldorf has a big selection of 'T' clothing too. It's where I get their coats from and extra long ties (very hard to find locally).

Last edited:

Dymphna

There's a big and tall website - kingsizedirect.com that carries men's 'T's and Belks has a large selection of men's 'T's'. My husband is 6' XLT and son is 6'3"XXLT.
Saw this when I was searching. Problem with this site as well as every other site I've seen is that the smallest waist size is 36"....Dad wears a 32 with a belt. A 36 would look like clown pants on him.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
At 6' a 32 " inseam should be long enough. You can find 32/32s almost everywhere. You sure he's not taller?

Dymphna

At 6' a 32 " inseam should be long enough. You can find 32/32s almost everywhere. You sure he's not taller?
32/32 is what he wears, but sweatpants, which is what I'm currently looking for, generally come in a 31" inseam and trust me, they look silly. By the time you get large enough to have a 32 inseam, the waist is 36 or 38 inches. Buying long sleeve shirts are almost impossible too.

seansgirl

wow

6' is not tall. that's average height for a guy. anything over 6'3'' is tall. also why the hell is he so skinny? that's like a woman lol

slowlane

Trousers for 6' high men are standard and plentiful in every store. I have the opposite problem. I'm a 5'9" man weighing 160, and trousers are just not sold for men that short, ANYWHERE at all. If I buy "boys size" in that height, then they have too small a waist. It makes me wonder where the heck Hispanic and Asian-American men must shop, since many of them are my height or shorter and must face the same problem :doh:. I have to make do with stretch pants. I mean, is my height and weight combination really that extreme or unique? I don't think so.

Last edited:

MegRose

Michigander in SOMD
I get my husbands clothes at JC Penney. He is 6ft 5in and wears 36 waist and 34 inseam. I love that they have clothes for tall men there. We always have a hard time finding long sleeve shirts that fit him properly.

T

toppick08

Penney's, Eddie Bauer, Lands End. All good choices and quality stuff.

4ps

Love Landsend! Also, you can get online coupon codes Clevermoms.com Or Google for the coupon/promo codes. It's usually free shipping. My husband is 6 2" and we love the quality as well.

2Bullies73

I have the opposite problem. I'm a 5'9" man weighing 160, and trousers are just not sold for men that short, ANYWHERE at all. If I buy "boys size" in that height, then they have too small a waist. It makes me wonder where the heck Hispanic and Asian-American men must shop, since many of them are my height or shorter and must face the same problem :doh:. I have to make do with stretch pants. I mean, is my height and weight combination really that extreme or unique? I don't think so.
:yeahthat:

Nope its not that odd... they need more "Short & Stocky" ...

6' is considered "tall".
5'9" is still "average".
I am 5'9" and have NO problem buying pants. Never have.

nobody really

I need a nap
6' is not tall. that's average height for a guy. anything over 6'3'' is tall. also why the hell is he so skinny? that's like a woman lol

6' is average? Is that a national average? cuz i'm 5'10" and tall guys are hard to come by around here.

oh, btw i went to the big and tall guy store in annapolis to do some xmas shopping. Two guys working there were huge. FAT. not tall. just big n fat. and i was looking for slippers for a tall man. none.

Last edited: