i need a surround sound geek....

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
To come hook me up. My old receiver died and I just bought a new one. I live in mechanicsville and am very willing to pay for your time and knowledge.

I am with direct tv and would like to hookup the dvd player also. Speakers are direct wired thru wall.

Anybody willing and able?

TurboK9

To come hook me up. My old receiver died and I just bought a new one. I live in mechanicsville and am very willing to pay for your time and knowledge.

I am with direct tv and would like to hookup the dvd player also. Speakers are direct wired thru wall.

Anybody willing and able?

What kind did you get? I got a 1000w Sony w/ bluray this weekend... it is :love:. Friggin' awesome.

It was soooo easy... it has a calibration microphone that you place where you sit, and it sets the speaker delay for you... worked perfect!!

bcp

In My Opinion
setting the delay automatically is a nice option. Mine is older, doesnt have that function, I have to do it manually,, once.

I have a 5 disk 5.1 1200 watt panasonic. great sound and it works with the stand alone blue ray that I bought.

did the OP get a surround sound, or did they get a theater sound system, the two are not the same at all. I bought a theater sound system a while back, installed it, ran it for a couple days, uninstalled it and set my old system back up, just could not compare.

TurboK9

setting the delay automatically is a nice option. Mine is older, doesnt have that function, I have to do it manually,, once.

I have a 5 disk 5.1 1200 watt panasonic. great sound and it works with the stand alone blue ray that I bought.

did the OP get a surround sound, or did they get a theater sound system, the two are not the same at all. I bought a theater sound system a while back, installed it, ran it for a couple days, uninstalled it and set my old system back up, just could not compare.

The better HT's are surround... But you have to spend the $$. Mine was $350 at best buy, on sale from $600. Sweet deal. It's Bluray, 5.1 surround, and 3D capable (just in case some day I get a 3d tv I guess, LOL). It's also WIFI and I can watch HULU, Netflix, YouTube, etc etc or even play internet radio ... that's pretty cool. :yay:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
It was soooo easy... it has a calibration microphone that you place where you sit, and it sets the speaker delay for you... worked perfect!!
It helps that you two are your own geeks, too. :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
The better HT's are surround... But you have to spend the $$. Mine was $350 at best buy, on sale from $600. Sweet deal. It's Bluray, 5.1 surround, and 3D capable (just in case some day I get a 3d tv I guess, LOL). It's also WIFI and I can watch HULU, Netflix, YouTube, etc etc or even play internet radio ... that's pretty cool. :yay:

One I bought was a good one.
Just did not have the separation from front to back that I have become used to.

good sound, just not a really good surround sound.

bcp

In My Opinion
Mine

surround.jpg

TurboK9

Did you know that your camera is the only one that has a body made from a solid block? no chance of light leak.

I have one too, but its from the 70s. Dont use it because I dont like film anymore.

:yay:

Now I'm trying to figure out why he thinks I'd be mystified about how to operate an older camera... :lmao: I still have a slide projecter and reels of 8MM stored away... :lmao:

I'm 43. I cut my teeth on a Pentax K1000, :lmao: For me, autofocus and 'point and shoot' was a very mysterious magical and expensive thing, not to mention for lazy people, until about 4 years ago.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Did you know that your camera is the only one that has a body made from a solid block?
:gossip: I don't actually own one. I have only played with them a couple times. But Turbo doesn't know that... :whistle:

T

toppick08

Mine's for 10 years....they will surround you and engulf you...just saying...

:lol:

boston acoustics vr 970r

GopherM

Darwin was right

Oooooh, would I love to play with that. I think I still like film better than digital...except having to wait for that one perfect shot. I have an old Yashica 2 1/4 that is very simple to use, but takes wonderful shots. Of course it has a finxed lens and everything is upside down in the viewfinder.