boat in tree

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
on GBR- Tree split the boat at the bow down the center.
I haven't seen anything about this anywhere and it's been there at least 4 days.
Was there an accident? Why hasn't this boat been moved?

royhobie

hobieflyer
It wasn't an accident, it's southern Maryland "yard art". Charles county has bath tubs filled with flowers in their front yards...:whistle:

ItalianScallion hit it right on. I've seen shoes in a tree which are called shoe tree art around here. I am disappointed they haven't put Christmas lights on it.

Did it happen as the result of improperly securing the boat in tow?
No, they purposely secured the boat in such a way as to facilitate it leaving the trailer at a high enough rate of speed to allow it to become a piece of SoMD yard art.
Again, Here's your sign.:stupid:

No, they purposely secured the boat in such a way as to facilitate it leaving the trailer at a high enough rate of speed to allow it to become a piece of SoMD yard art.
Again, Here's your sign.:stupid:

Well, you never know.... maybe it was a MythBusters experiment where they see if the boat will always land upright after departure.

Oh wait. If it had been MythBusters, it would have blown up. Nebermind.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
To me it looks like a very old boat, on a very old trailer and very old chains, which broke when going around the corner. Boat left the vehicle and slammed into tree.

They are probably trying to figure out how to move it now that the whole front end is smashed...

Is pretty funny though..

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
To me it looks like a very old boat, on a very old trailer and very old chains, which broke when going around the corner. Boat left the vehicle and slammed into tree.

They are probably trying to figure out how to move it now that the whole front end is smashed...

Is pretty funny though..

Yes, Very old boat on very old trailer w/ very old chains..

lovinmaryland

Attachments

• Phozy6sx.jpg
    Phozy6sx.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 127

woogie

No problem! The kids at the Tech Center can have
that fixed by Friday! Just a little bondo and buffing
and it will be good to go! Might need to duct tape
the railing back, though. :lmao:

But I heard that they were going to light it up for
Christmas first.