Accident on 235 N

manthaleigh

Well it is close to running into Route 5...my husband called me and asked me to see if I saw anything on here about it. Says the truck didn't look like a truck anymore.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I swear :sarcasm: is a lost cause sometimes...............

So it is on Rt 235 north-bound near the 235/5 interchange. (North or south of that would be added good to know info btw.) See how easy it is to speak 'map'?

Last edited:

manthaleigh

Sorry...I have no idea how to speak map...so I really don't understand map sarcasm...I just know there was an accident. I guess nobody else has noticed it or heard anything about it.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
N lets you know if it is left or right...

No it doesn't. It means north bound, which depending on the direction your travelling could be on the right or left.

Think about it.

Take your time.

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
I swear :sarcasm: is a lost cause sometimes...............

So it is on Rt 235 north-bound near the 235/5 interchange. (North or south of that would be added good to know info btw.) See how easy it is to speak 'map'?

Interchange?

When did they build an interchange there. We're moving up in the world.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Interchange?

When did they build an interchange there. We're moving up in the world.

An interchange is a location where two things meet, usually perform some kind of exchange, and possibly go on their ways again. (Not necessarily an on/off ramp.) Kinda like this forum.

:note to self - quit using big words:

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
An interchange is a location where two things meet, usually perform some kind of exchange, and possibly go on their ways again. (Not necessarily an on/off ramp.) Kinda like this forum.

In general, yes; however, in reference to roads an interchange, "is a road junction that typically uses grade separation, and one or more ramps, to permit traffic on at least one highway to pass through the junction without directly crossing any other traffic stream. It differs from a standard intersection, at which roads cross at grade."

Interchange (road) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• 5-235-interchange.jpg
    5-235-interchange.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 54

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Now who doesn't get it?:sarcasm:

235 North -

If you are travelling in the north bound lane it would be to the right of the median, if you are not travelling north bound (as in going south), north bound would be to your left.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
In general, yes; however, in reference to roads an interchange, "is a road junction that typically uses grade separation, and one or more ramps, to permit traffic on at least one highway to pass through the junction without directly crossing any other traffic stream. It differs from a standard intersection, at which roads cross at grade."

Interchange (road) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well Tony, the roads at that location are certainly not typical of a normal intersection as 235N continues unimpeded and 235S has a ramp to 5S and 5N has a ramp to 235S, so interchange might be the most accurate description.