It's So Windy

LadyCoyote

I saw a toupe fly off a dude's head and sail across the sidewalk in front of the shopping center!!!

It's like an artic blast....OMG are winters here typically like this?

I saw a toupe fly off a dude's head and sail across the sidewalk in front of the shopping center!!!

Thank goodness you came here after Global Warming got here. You would have HATED the late fall days we had prior to G.W. setting in.

Ponytail

:yay:

I spent two 6 month winters in Halifax, Nova Scotia (and I'd go back tomorrow if I could).

I have a cousin that has to go to Minnesota every year for the winter.

These winters here, are a walk in the park. Don't let the wind/rain/snow slow you down. Dress for it, and get out and enjoy it. I used to stay couped up when the weather got like this, but after living in Halifax, the weather doesn't stop me anymore. I still take the dog out for walks, go for walks, work outside doing whatever needs to be done, work in the unheated garage, on the cars, etc. I'm healthier for it too...not nearly as many colds, and knock on wood, no flu in recent years either (and I don't get the flu shots).

Dress for it, and take a camera!

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat

Why, this year is nothin' special. Now you shoulda been here for that blizzard back in aught-niner. Now that was a cold winder, and enough snow to know the boughs out a tree right on down t'boot. Ain't gonna say this year's not cold - t'be sure, it's cold alright - but it en't a patch on that winter.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Done blowed all the water raht out ta crick too....boat is fetched up in the mud, she is..and raht hard on it too, deed by gawd cap'n.

FED_UP

Just go out and entertain yourself, like jump in the water for a couple of minutes, go walk down the sidewalk with a wife beater tee on to prove how bad you are, walk a little 3 or 4 year old down the street with you in the cold (this one I saw the other day; poor kid). Fire up your gas grill to keep warm and sit outside for a while at night watching the stars or sitting listening to the cop sirens on late Saturday nights. Go wash the car in the yard this afternoon, get out and have some fun girl. Oh and hot water balloon fights outside now would be great.

LadyCoyote

It's soo windy that I saw a hen lay the same egg twice...
Oh, sorry; I thought this was a "finish the sentence" thread :doh:

Too funny!!

How 'bout this one --- "It was so cold that I saw a politician with his hand in his own pocket."
or
"It was so cold today that the chickens were mugging the sheep just to get wool for sweaters."

LadyCoyote

"It was SOOOO cold that the flashers in New York City were only describing themselves to people."

Dang. That must be pretty cold!!

Done blowed all the water raht out ta crick too....boat is fetched up in the mud, she is..and raht hard on it too, deed by gawd cap'n.

... hope by christ ta kill me, I done seen that happen many a time, what ya need ta do now is pull ya white gum boots on and git on out thar on the crick shore an pick ya up some dem r'styers sittin atop the mud cap'n

might find ya a mess a manoes too

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
These winters here, are a walk in the park. Don't let the wind/rain/snow slow you down. Dress for it, and get out and enjoy it.

Dress for it, and take a camera!

Just go out and entertain yourself, like jump in the water for a couple of minutes
One of my friends said he was going out to sit in the hot tub tonight. I bet it was nice in there... but I also bet he was moving pretty quickly between the house and the tub and back. :lol:

One of my friends said he was going out to sit in the hot tub tonight. I bet it was nice in there... but I also bet he was moving pretty quickly between the house and the tub and back. :lol:

Nothing worse that having your shorts instantly turn in to icicles and stick to your ... um.... legs. I gave up wearing a bathing suit when it got below 40*.