Pax River Gate One

Got word this afternoon that Gate 1 at Pax goes on holiday hours starting 15 Dec (tomorrow) until 10 Jan. Down to 3 lanes instead of 4.

Got word this afternoon that Gate 1 at Pax goes on holiday hours starting 15 Dec (tomorrow) until 10 Jan. Down to 3 lanes instead of 4.

Yep, they saved a lot of man power doing that change. Now instead of having 1 guard at each of the 2 left lanes, they now have 2 guards at the one leftmost lane. In other words still using 6 gate guards in all.

glhs837

Power with Control
At 7am, coming south from Dunkin, hit traffic right after Exploration. Still, time from there to getting my ID card back from the nice Petty Officer was less than three minutes. Not sure how it fared later, though.

bulldog

Does not matter how well they do, someone is ALWAYS going to ##### about it being an PITA to them.

ftcret

BTW what is the pupose of quickly flipping to the backside of the offered ID? Looking for a yellow sticky that says boo!? And speaking of PITA, if you walk into gate two do you have to go to where the 'guards' are standing to get your ID checked or is there someone in that guardhouse to watch for pedistrians turning towards the NEX and Commissary?

bulldog

BTW what is the pupose of quickly flipping to the backside of the offered ID? Looking for a yellow sticky that says boo!? And speaking of PITA, if you walk into gate two do you have to go to where the 'guards' are standing to get your ID checked or is there someone in that guardhouse to watch for pedistrians turning towards the NEX and Commissary?[/QUOTE]

You need to call the folks at security about the second half of your question. Not a good idea for anyone (even if they know the answer) to post information regarding the position of security forces.

ftcret

BTW what is the pupose of quickly flipping to the backside of the offered ID? Looking for a yellow sticky that says boo!? And speaking of PITA, if you walk into gate two do you have to go to where the 'guards' are standing to get your ID checked or is there someone in that guardhouse to watch for pedistrians turning towards the NEX and Commissary?[/QUOTE]

You need to call the folks at security about the second half of your question. Not a good idea for anyone (even if they know the answer) to post information regarding the position of security forces.

Position of security forces? Really? You can see them when you drive by...
As far as security... BJs has tighter security at its exit than Pax

bulldog

Position of security forces? Really? You can see them when you drive by...
As far as security... BJs has tighter security at its exit than Pax

Can you see inside the shack? No. The very fact that the question was asked about if anyone is in there or not indicates that you don't know...which is a good thing.
Maybe you should get a job at BJs then.

glhs837

Power with Control
When I walk in that gate to go to the NEX, I always walk over to the guard house, never too hard to get to it. But I haven't tried in the AM, only at lunch time.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Sounds like a few overpaid, under-worked civil servants wanking about having to wait a few extra minutes before they begin their morning coffee break. :lmao:

ftcret

Can you see inside the shack? No. The very fact that the question was asked about if anyone is in there or not indicates that you don't know...which is a good thing.
Maybe you should get a job at BJs then.

We have a winner!! Yes I did in fact ask a question because I either did not know the answer or am uncertain. Although I have it on pretty reasonable assumption from stalking the foot traffic that no consideration has been given to the matter. Kind of like the most secure gate being unused overnight and on weekends and holidays. Maybe YOU should be a little more observant and reflective before attempting to tell me about physical security protocol....
just sayin :twitch:

BTW what is the pupose of quickly flipping to the backside of the offered ID? Looking for a yellow sticky that says boo!? And speaking of PITA, if you walk into gate two do you have to go to where the 'guards' are standing to get your ID checked or is there someone in that guardhouse to watch for pedistrians turning towards the NEX and Commissary?

Isn't that where it shows the back of your head?

CrashTest

Sounds like a few overpaid, under-worked civil servants wanking about having to wait a few extra minutes before they begin their morning coffee break. :lmao:

Maybe it's about wondering why the Govt spends money and even looses lives to build stuff like nice awnings and the guards are still out there standing in the rain 10 years after we went to full ID check.

bulldog

We have a winner!! Yes I did in fact ask a question because I either did not know the answer or am uncertain. Although I have it on pretty reasonable assumption from stalking the foot traffic that no consideration has been given to the matter. Kind of like the most secure gate being unused overnight and on weekends and holidays. Maybe YOU should be a little more observant and reflective before attempting to tell me about physical security protocol....
just sayin :twitch:

As I said, the fact that you did/do not know is a good thing and despite how much ASSuming you do, you still don't know for sure.
Given your obvious overwhelming knowledge of physical security, why don't you contact the base security folks and school them a bit on what they should be doing that would make you more comfortable. I'm sure they would love to hear from you and get your ideas on what exactly they should consider before making decisions on which gates to use at what times. Let me know how that works out for you.

ftcret

As I said, the fact that you did/do not know is a good thing and despite how much ASSuming you do, you still don't know for sure.
Given your obvious overwhelming knowledge of physical security, why don't you contact the base security folks and school them a bit on what they should be doing that would make you more comfortable. I'm sure they would love to hear from you and get your ideas on what exactly they should consider before making decisions on which gates to use at what times. Let me know how that works out for you.

About the same as talking to you :banghead::lalala: