Will feds get extra time off?

awpitt

Main Streeter
If the budget doesn't get put in place by this weekend they'll have several days with pay off next week...:yay:

That'll never happen. Even when the govt was shut down in the mid-90s, it just ended up being an extended paid vacation because when the govt opened back up, they got all the back pay for all the time they were sitting at home.

That'll never happen. Even when the govt was shut down in the mid-90s, it just ended up being an extended paid vacation because when the govt opened back up, they got all the back pay for all the time they were sitting at home.

That's exactly what I posted.... I remember our gov't sponsors being thrilled the budget missed the deadline since it meant a paid vacation to them, but us gov't contractors were forced to use whatever leave we had on the books or LWOP.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
That's exactly what I posted.... I remember our gov't sponsors being thrilled the budget missed the deadline since it meant a paid vacation to them, but us gov't contractors were forced to use whatever leave we had on the books or LWOP.

And I remember working throughout that period too, as a government employee.

That's how it should work, but my gov't sponsors felt it would be fraudulent for them to work when there were no funds in place... Don't want to be fraudulent, ya know... :dance:

awpitt

Main Streeter

Yea, I noticed that too. The feds down here were still working. The ones I know who got all of the paid time off all worked from non-DOD agencies up in D.C.

OPM to redefine federal government closures

Federal employees may have more to contend with than pay freezes and a Christmas Eve workday this frigid December, with a recent announcement that the government has changed the definition of employee leave for closures.
What used to be called "open with unscheduled leave" will now be classified as "open with unscheduled leave or an unscheduled telework day," for employees with a telework agreement, said Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry Wednesday morning. And what was "closed" is now "closed to the public."

This means emergency personnel must report, and those with an agreement to telework from home must do so.

The OPM has not changed the "open" classification.

OPM to redefine federal government closures - wtop.com