Dear dummy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you don't know how to drive in the snow, please stay home.

How in the HELL do you manage to wreck a Suburban in less than 1" of snow???

TurboK9

:roflmao:

I almost started a like thread... I went up to the 7-11 to get a sodie for lunch, and there was already a wreck. :rolleyes:

Doofy people.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Oh no. Hopefully no one was hurt. That amazes me. Probably one of those who think an SUV makes them bullet proof.

Toxick

Splat

Because people have a tendancy to believe that if they're driving in an SUV - especially a 4x4 - they can drive in the smow with the same degree of impunity that they can on the 4th of July.

"It's a 4x4... it won't slide - go 55 MPH! I bet these a-holes in their Ford Focuses and Toyota Tercels wish they were as cool and prepared as I am!"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh no. Hopefully no one was hurt. That amazes me. Probably one of those who think an SUV makes them bullet proof.

We had a guy in a Hummer, H2, come rolling through one of our lovely back roads a few years and several snows ago, do two 360's and a couple zigs and zags to boot, and pop watched him slide right into the ditch.

It's almost like it's slippery or something.

awpitt

Main Streeter
:roflmao:

I almost started a like thread... I went up to the 7-11 to get a sodie for lunch, and there was already a wreck. :rolleyes:

Doofy people.

Went to the Subway in LP and that intersection is gridlocked. People aren't slowing or increasing their stoppong distances. Just drivng as though it's dry pavement.

awpitt

Main Streeter
We had a guy in a Hummer, H2, come rolling through one of our lovely back roads a few years and several snows ago, do two 360's and a couple zigs and zags to boot, and pop watched him slide right into the ditch.

It's almost like it's slippery or something.

When I lived in Wash. Co. near Keedysville, our house was on the corner at the bottom of a steep hill. People used to loose control quite often and would use our hedge as an emergency brake. Sort of like those emergency truck stopping hills along I-70 between Frederick and Myersville.

Toxick

Splat
You can get going real well, but you're still subject to physics when trying to stop or turn a couple tons of steel. Inertia is a biatch when you're not ready for it.

You mean anti-lock breaks do not alter the solid body dynamics of the local enviornment while driving?

Why did I spend the extra money on that crap then? I could have gotten the CD changer instead.

:banghead:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Because people have a tendancy to believe that if they're driving in an SUV - especially a 4x4 - they can drive in the smow with the same degree of impunity that they can on the 4th of July.

"It's a 4x4... it won't slide - go 55 MPH! I bet these a-holes in their Ford Focuses and Toyota Tercels wish they were as cool and prepared as I am!"

YUP. They go waaay too fast for conditions, and if their stupid ass hits my car..I am gonna be real hurt because of their stupidity. I had an SUV on my ass..actually tailgating like crazy...went around me, and slid around ahead of me..luckily noone was near and he didn't hit anyone.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Watched some goof slide, go up on the curb at the McD's turn on base and get his front end stuck in the grassy area. Some good person helped push him off. I love the view I have - I see the best accidents!