Body found in woods in Lexington Park

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
A man's body was found Wednesday morning in a wooded area off Great Mills Road in Lexington Park, and law officers said there were no signs of foul play as they await an autopsy to determine how he died.

RIP...

Gregory Glenn Gray, 50, had no fixed address, according to St. Mary's detectives, and online court records from his guilty plea last year to a trespassing charge indicate that he at one time lived in a homeless shelter.

The clothed body was retrieved from the area of a bed box spring and plastic sheet, also strewn with bottles and a few garments, but a senior detective said he had no information that the area was frequented by homeless people.

It has not been determined if hypothermia from Tuesday night's subfreezing temperatures was a factor in the man's death.

"That's the medical examiner's call," the detective said.

Annoying_Boy

A man's body was found Wednesday morning in a wooded area off Great Mills Road in Lexington Park, and law officers said there were no signs of foul play as they await an autopsy to determine how he died.

RIP...

Gregory Glenn Gray, 50, had no fixed address, according to St. Mary's detectives, and online court records from his guilty plea last year to a trespassing charge indicate that he at one time lived in a homeless shelter.

The clothed body was retrieved from the area of a bed box spring and plastic sheet, also strewn with bottles and a few garments, but a senior detective said he had no information that the area was frequented by homeless people.

It has not been determined if hypothermia from Tuesday night's subfreezing temperatures was a factor in the man's death.

"That's the medical examiner's call," the detective said.

Get used to it. You can't drink at the homeless shelter, but you're outdoor living options are wide open.

It's what happens when idiot politicians allow the area outside of St. Mary's crown jewel (Pax River) to be a mecca for the homeless and overpaid nonprofits that cater to them, then allows the whole circus to surrounded by liquor stores and flea-bag motels. The ride to Great Mills High School on a school bus each day has to be priceless.

The salary alone of the director for the homeless shelter consumes most of the money the county gives it each year.

Nobody seems to want to talk about or keeps score as to how many of these people are actually St. Mary's residents, or whether they came here due to the rancid hospitality available.

TurboK9

Get used to it. You can't drink at the homeless shelter, but you're outdoor living options are wide open.

It's what happens when idiot politicians allow the area outside of St. Mary's crown jewel (Pax River) to be a mecca for the homeless and overpaid nonprofits that cater to them, then allows the whole circus to surrounded by liquor stores and flea-bag motels. The ride to Great Mills High School on a school bus each day has to be priceless.

The salary alone of the director for the homeless shelter consumes most of the money the county gives it each year.

Nobody seems to want to talk about or keeps score as to how many of these people are actually St. Mary's residents, or whether they came here due to the rancid hospitality available.

Link? Or are you just making up shiat off your hip again?

Nevermind. I'm sure you have more experience being a bum than a soldier, and you were doing the same gum-flapping in that thread without any source or credentials... So I guess, go on with your bad self. :yay:

:roflmao:

Annoying_Boy

bresamil

wandering aimlessly

RIP...
There but for the Grace of God go I. RIP

TurboK9

This may be above your grade level, but let's see if you can give us Lancaster's most recent salary?

NCCS Organization Profile - Three Oaks Homeless Shelter Inc (521849276)

:popcorn:

OMG it figured out how to post a link to back it's claims! :yay:

Revenue in 2009 was $864,278. Gross receipts were $915,991. Lancaster's base salary was $93,931 with $10,144 in benefits added in.

So according to you, Lancaster's compensation of $104,075 is supposedly 'most' of the county grant, an amount not specified on the 990 EZ unless you are considering Line 2 to be from the county. Huh. Most people consider 'most' to constitute significantly greater than 50%. Of course, the county grant could be 100K for all I know.

Doesn't really matter the amount of the county grant anyway, being his compensation is roughly 10% of their gross reciepts, and 20% of the total payroll, I think that is pretty reasonable.

I actually think 100K per annum is pretty reasonable for an Executive director position if he in fact works full time. :shrug:

So what does this have to do with a homeless guy dying in the woods? :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This may be above your grade level, but let's see if you can give us Lancaster's most recent salary?

What do you think he should be making instead?

That's a real question - I have no idea what his duties are with regard to the shelter or how they should be compensated.

TurboK9

And that was not counting additional compensation for retirement etc...

Where's that whiny little buck sergeant at now?

:killingme

There's a buck sergeant on the forum? Where? :confused: Maybe he's at lunch?

I'm a civilian now so I wouldn't know where he is...

I know there's a :loser: that goes by "Annoying Little Boy" or something around here somewhere though. Very mouthy. Probably because the kids in his 6th grade class pick on him a lot and the girls all think he smells bad or something. :shrug:

Annoying_Boy

What do you think he should be making instead?

That's a real question - I have no idea what his duties are with regard to the shelter or how they should be compensated.

I think he should be making zero and the county should be dealing with the problem.

Furthermore I think the definition of helping people and charity is someone like a retired, successful business person, Senior Enlisted guy or Officer donating their time, or someone that lives a frugal life like a monk should be running these operations.

When you turn nonprofits and charities into high paying jobs, I no longer consider them as such.

Now back to you: what's the average "household" income in this county?

TurboK9

I think he should be making zero and the county should be dealing with the problem.

Furthermore I think the definition of helping people and charity is someone like a retired, successful business person, Senior Enlisted guy or Officer donating their time, or someone that lives a frugal life like a monk should be running these operations.

When you turn nonprofits and charities into high paying jobs, I no longer consider them as such.

Now back to you: what's the average "household" income in this county?

104K is "high paying"?

What, do you work at Wawa?

Annoying_Boy

Hey Dummy, let a deceased person b, mayb u shuld wipe yr azz w/the Obitz.
u r gettin more than justa tad annoyin. any1 can b poofed w/o any ?s. !! and .... as well. if u r so damn worried about who getz what, mayb lemme say u`ll neva make it past the batters box!

don`t need any Moderator eitha!

Poof me little boy.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah, as a matter of fact I think it is.

How much does a County Commissioner make buck sergeant?

Some of 'em make pretty good money at their full time jobs..and then there is that additional pittance they get for also being commissioner at the same time.

TurboK9

Yeah, as a matter of fact I think it is.

How much does a County Commissioner make buck sergeant?

Funny you feel that way. The average household income in St Mary's county in 2006-2008 was $90,193. Given the position, I think his salary is reasonable.

So how is that Wawa career going for you? Been promoted to coffee making and toilet scrubbing yet?

I'll let this mysterious 'buck sergeant' of yours answer your follow up question.