Lunar Eclipse Tonight!

blacklabman

I'm sure hoping we get some clear skies to be able to see the lunar eclipse!

According to CNN, the key times are:

Start of Partial Eclipse:1:33 a.m. ET
Start of Full Eclipse: 2:41 a.m
End of Full Eclipse: 3:35 a.m
End of Partial Eclipse:5:01 a.m. ET

Final lunar eclipse of 2010 set for early morning of December 21 – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

For more information, see:

Post List[Watch the Skies]

Good timing! I usually have to get up about then to go to the bathroom.

Cowgirl

Hmm....I wonder if we should wake ourselves and the kids up to see it. :eyebrow: I know we can fall back asleep, but not sure about the kids. I think we'll let them sleep. :lol:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
One other fact!!!

A total lunar eclipse will be visible across North America tonight, just in time for the longest night of the year. This will be the first time a lunar eclipse has fallen on the winter solstice since 1638.

The Earth’s shadow will begin to blot out the moon at 1:32 am EST (10:32 pm PST). During totality, when the Earth is directly between the moon and the sun, the moon will turn a rusty orange-red for 72 minutes from 2:41 am to 3:53 am EST (11:41 pm to 12:53 am PST).

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
One other fact!!!

A total lunar eclipse will be visible across North America tonight, just in time for the longest night of the year. This will be the first time a lunar eclipse has fallen on the winter solstice since 1638.

The Earth’s shadow will begin to blot out the moon at 1:32 am EST (10:32 pm PST). During totality, when the Earth is directly between the moon and the sun, the moon will turn a rusty orange-red for 72 minutes from 2:41 am to 3:53 am EST (11:41 pm to 12:53 am PST).

Talk about a dark day.. I'll be watching

wch

Yes it was cold but worth it

Attachments

• DSC_3715v.jpg
    DSC_3715v.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 138
Yes it was cold but worth it

Very good!

I went out at about 2:30 and started shooting my guns at the monster that was eating our moon and it worked...again! It also got a lot of the neighbors out to witness my bravery and prowess in saving our Lunar Goddess.

Surely there will be a great feast in my honor this afternoon!

I think they will be roasting an a$$, I heard one mention it under his breath.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Very good!

I went out at about 2:30 and started shooting my guns at the monster that was eating our moon and it worked...again! It also got a lot of the neighbors out to witness my bravery and prowess in saving our Lunar Goddess.

Surely there will be a great feast in my honor this afternoon!

I think they will be roasting an a$$, I heard one mention it under his breath.

:lmao:

I started watching around 2, didn't watch all of it, but what I saw was pretty cool.