Metrocast Cable

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Anybody else get a pamphlet in the mail stating prices are going up?
Mine says expanded basic is going from $36 to $38 a month

I'm currently getting billed about $60 WTF?

officeguy

'Basic cable' is a theoretical price they have to submit to the regulator, often you won't even find it in the companies advertising material. I badgered a cable company into actually hooking up a 'basic cable' account for me. It wasn't pretty ;)

ancientmariner

Hello Branson
PREMO Member
Anybody else get a pamphlet in the mail stating prices are going up?
Mine says expanded basic is going from $36 to $38 a month

I'm currently getting billed about $60 WTF?

:pete:I didn't get the pamphlet but I was emailed a link to their new MetroCast High Speed Internet Acceptable Use Policy: MetroCast High Speed Internet Acceptable Use Policy.

Excessive Bandwidth Consumption
High-speed bandwidth and network resources are not unlimited. Managing MetroCast's network is essential as MetroCast works to promote the use and enjoyment of the Internet by our customers. As explained above, the Service is for recreational, residential and personal use. MetroCast has established a monthly bandwidth usage limit per Service account. Service usage may not exceed the following limits for each type of subscriber account:

MetroCast Subscriber Account:
MetroCast Access 25GB
MetroCast High Speed Basic 100GB
MetroCast High Speed 250GB
MetroCast Gamer Monthly Bandwidth Usage Limit 350GB

Of course there are some fairly draconian penalties (including account cancellation or upgrading to an expensive commercial plan) for excessive usage. There is apparently no tool or any other way to tell how much you've used throughout the month, so you won't know until it's too late to do anything about it. 250GB seems like a lot but it goes pretty fast when you throw in NETFLIX instant streaming, Internet Phone Service, gaming machines, etc.

If they are going to enforce these new limits it seems like the right thing to do would be for them to provide some way to measure your usage. It would be awful if every subscriber had to call customer service ever day to find out how much internet they've used.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Yep, right in middle of the game:cussing:....Great service MetroCrap. :sarcasm:

The bad thing is they pretty much have us by the balls; we can't get dish reception where we live (unless we cut down several large trees).

HD Ultra: 9.95
HD converter: 11. 95
MetroCrap Digital Cable: 66.90
Subtotal: 88.80

Sales Tax: .72
Franchise Fee: 4.67
FCC Regulatory Fee: .07
Total: 94.26

What exactly is the Franchise Fee for?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
DirecTV is still on.. :yahoo: but I'm watching American Pickers.. and switching every now and then to the game. DAMN that turf looks HARD!!

as is my not so great internet service via 3G..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How are you guys online? I have to use the AT&T connection on my iPad because my cable internet is out, too.