Afternoon Drivers

I know it's the holiday, I know everyone is in a hurry to get home and get things done, I know minds are in other places. But please... when the light turns yellow, PLEASE don't try to cram into the intersection if there's no place to go. And I'm talking specifically about the light at the WaWa on 235 in California.

Myself and about 10 others patiently (ok, I was getting kinda irate) thru 4 traffic light changes to turn from 235SB either into WaWa or u-turn, and just couldn't because everyone grid-locked the intersection. And for anyone who knows that turn light, it's horribly long to start with. No exaggeration, I waited 15 minutes before I finally got across to WaWa, drove thru the WaWa lot so I could get back to 235NB.

A little courtesy, please?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
You want me to bow? :confused:

Actually that light is the most ill conceived light ever. It makes traffic worse not better. I think the timing on it is off as well.

You want me to bow? :confused:

Actually that light is the most ill conceived light ever. It makes traffic worse not better. I think the timing on it is off as well.

It is the only one that turns red for me on a regular basis in the morning and afternoon. Exploration too, somtimes, but that is very short.

danjuandemarco

AKA Captain Awesome
It was easier to cross to WaWa BEFORE the light ever went up. Everything about that light is horrible. And what's with the people that cruise all the way up the NB turn lane, then do a U-turn as they pull in towards WaWa at that light, then continue in the turn lane to merge into traffic just before the San Souci light? Need more cops on 235 at rush-hour.

Pete

Repete

:yeahthat: The "engineer" who decided it would be a good idea to put in that light at an intersection that doesn't even allow cross traffic or southbound turns off Rue Purchase or northbound turns off Buck Hewitt, should be flogged at the square in Leonardtown.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
It was easier to cross to WaWa BEFORE the light ever went up. Everything about that light is horrible. And what's with the people that cruise all the way up the NB turn lane, then do a U-turn as they pull in towards WaWa at that light, then continue in the turn lane to merge into traffic just before the San Souci light? Need more cops on 235 at rush-hour.

Those are the people who can't get over to the left lane to make their way south bound, because no one will let them in. They're headed for McDonalds and coming out at the light at San Souci to make a left turn.

Pete

Repete
:huggy:
It is. It waits until the San Souci light turns red and traffic backs up to WaWa, THEN turns green. No place to go.

I will run the gauntlet from Wawa across 4 lanes to the turn lane to do a u-turn and go back south. I always pull up to a red and see no one coming. Wait, still no one. Wait some more.......WAIT, here they come like Greyhounds just released from the gate, racing from the San Souci light southbound.......only to have to slam on the brakes and stop so I can do a u-turn.

Wait forever with no one coming only to have the light change red in time to stop the newly released surge.

FED_UP

Those are the people who can't get over to the left lane to make their way south bound, because no one will let them in. They're headed for McDonalds and coming out at the light at San Souci to make a left turn.

Yea, I did that yesterday as I was leaving wawa, the only sensible way to head back S at that point.

Wildcat97

Weren't you all the same people that were complaining about the light not being active last winter with all the snow being piled up around the poles? There were at least 3 accidents at CVS and 235S directly related to the snow obstructing drivers views. These could have been easily avoided had the lights been active and the racecar drivers that are on 235SB would have needed to stop.

I cross that intersection all the time and appreciate not putting my life in the hands of someone who is distracted texting or in a big a$$ hurry to get to Mickey D's. It's much safer however inconvenient it may be.

stew77

the people who set the timing of traffic lights the entire length of 235 southbound and northbound were obviously drunk, high or what have you. You would have to be to get them that screwed up!!! Their punishment should be to have them sit all day long at them with no turn offs, or such. North or south, doesn't matter, and the time doesn't matter. You would think "someone" in authority could set them at least decent, but to no avail! Drunks, I am telling you!

FED_UP

Weren't you all the same people that were complaining about the light not being active last winter with all the snow being piled up around the poles? There were at least 3 accidents at CVS and 235S directly related to the snow obstructing drivers views. These could have been easily avoided had the lights been active and the racecar drivers that are on 235SB would have needed to stop.

I cross that intersection all the time and appreciate not putting my life in the hands of someone who is distracted texting or in a big a$$ hurry to get to Mickey D's. It's much safer however inconvenient it may be.

The sweet tea in Mcdonalds, can't wait, hurry hurry hurry :killingme

Not complaining about the light itself. It's all about bad light timing combined with self-centered drivers.

I used to go up to the light at Exploration to make my u-turn. I think at rush hour I will go back to doing that. Turns my 1 mile trip from home to the office into a 4 mile trip to get home. If it weren't so damn cold I'd walk. It's faster.

Ok, I give up..... :lol:

I went up to the light just before the light at Expedition to make a u-turn. The light wasn't working. It never turns green. So one guy gets fed up and pulls out back into the 235SB lane. Directly in front of a LEO. LEO had to hit his brakes to avoid an incident. 3 seconds later, all the lights come on and the guy gets pulled over. Whups! :lol: I wait one more light cycle, light doesn't go green, so I pull out, up to the Exploration light, pass the LEO and his detainee, make my u-turn and I'm NB on 235. What a friggin' pain.

BOP

Let's go cut that sucker down! Who's with me!

Warning: language you'd only hear on SOMD, plus someone's overdubbed in a couple of places.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:yeahthat: The "engineer" who decided it would be a good idea to put in that light at an intersection that doesn't even allow cross traffic or southbound turns off Rue Purchase or northbound turns off Buck Hewitt, should be flogged at the square in Leonardtown.

To go north on 235 from Navy Federal;
turn left out of NFCU, across the back side of Kohls, dodging the folks pulling out in front of you (happened twice today), cross Buck Hewitt into the CVS parking lot, around CVS to their 235 southbound exit, cross four lanes to get to the 235/WaWa light then pull a U turn

Leaving Pax Gate 1 in the PM

As many may have noticed in the past few months, people leaving Pax in the afternoons by way of gate 1, are now using the through lane to Pegg Rd. as a 3rd turning lane onto 235N. Is this a new turn lane or are ppl just ignoring the arrows that point straight ahead? Yesterday, I saw 4 vehicles follow each other doing this. I am just curious whether this is a new fad here.:confused:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
As many may have noticed in the past few months, people leaving Pax in the afternoons by way of gate 1, are now using the through lane to Pegg Rd. as a 3rd turning lane onto 235N. Is this a new turn lane or are ppl just ignoring the arrows that point straight ahead? Yesterday, I saw 4 vehicles follow each other doing this. I am just curious whether this is a new fad here.:confused:

Those are the asshats that can't get in line and wait their turn in the turning lanes. Probably the same ones that won't get in the turning lane to go to Calvert and jump in at the intersection.