Hedgehog purchase/adopt ???

LazySmurfette

If you scroll over the pictures of the available babies, it will tell you if there is a hold on them or not. Not many options left, but they all look adorable and I found the site to be extremly informative about the care and background of them. I have only ever had dogs, cats, and two flying squirrels so it's a whole new ball game if I was to ever go down that road.

If you get one, could ya keep me updated? I am really curious as to what it entails to have one.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
If you scroll over the pictures of the available babies, it will tell you if there is a hold on them or not. Not many options left, but they all look adorable and I found the site to be extremly informative about the care and background of them. I have only ever had dogs, cats, and two flying squirrels so it's a whole new ball game if I was to ever go down that road.

If you get one, could ya keep me updated? I am really curious as to what it entails to have one.

This would be our first too, We have dogs, cats, turtles, ferrets but never a hedgehog. LOL
I'll keep ya up to date if we can get one..

LazySmurfette

I was flat out told NO.:bawl: Even my puppy eyes didn't work. I got told Christmas shopping is done. I threatened to get the kids involved, the girls have daddy wrapped, and he looked at me like don't you dare... I may wait a little while. I don't think he could handle 3 dogs, 2 cats (a 17yr old biatchy one at that) 2 fish, and two kids. I work two jobs so he is Mr. Mom right now and I don't want to get on his bad side if I was to just randomly show up with a *new* addition, ya know.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I was flat out told NO.:bawl: Even my puppy eyes didn't work. I got told Christmas shopping is done. I threatened to get the kids involved, the girls have daddy wrapped, and he looked at me like don't you dare... I may wait a little while. I don't think he could handle 3 dogs, 2 cats (a 17yr old biatchy one at that) 2 fish, and two kids. I work two jobs so he is Mr. Mom right now and I don't want to get on his bad side if I was to just randomly show up with a *new* addition, ya know.

SO told me one has to die for me to replace it :bawl: and when I mentioned I wanted a pig...I thought he was going to have a heart attack. :killingme

sanchezf

Little ol' Me

:killingmeI have 3 labs, 6 red ear sliders and hopefully soon to be hedgie. I also work 2 jobs. Mine will just have to deal with it :jerry:

LazySmurfette

Haha. We have mutually decided that a dog has to pass before we get another one, and even then it is going to be a while before we do. And he gets to pick, since I picked the most recent addition...damn fairness crap. I want a rott, GS, or pit and I have managed to curve his view points on the pits by watching Pitbulls and Paroles and not to mention a co-worker has one... But he wants a Dobie which I am not against since I grew up around one.

I may bring up the pig just to see his reaction, although he has mentioned a goat... Oh oh oh, maybe a VDay present. That would go over real well :whistle:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Haha. We have mutually decided that a dog has to pass before we get another one, and even then it is going to be a while before we do. And he gets to pick, since I picked the most recent addition...damn fairness crap. I want a rott, GS, or pit and I have managed to curve his view points on the pits by watching Pitbulls and Paroles and not to mention a co-worker has one... But he wants a Dobie which I am not against since I grew up around one.

I may bring up the pig just to see his reaction, although he has mentioned a goat... Oh oh oh, maybe a VDay present. That would go over real well :whistle:

I asked for a Great Dane for My Birthday (Tomorrow) or Christmas. I was told NO he didn't want a horse in the house. :killingme

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

Tell him you want to put the pig in a tutu. That put SO over the edge, I think. :killingme

LazySmurfette

I asked for a Great Dane for My Birthday (Tomorrow) or Christmas. I was told NO he didn't want a horse in the house. :killingme

My co-worker is getting one for the family for christmas. I saw pictures yesterday. OMG! SO said he wasnt too thrilled with the idea of a dog that can get to be as big as him. Although. I love Mastiff's.

LazySmurfette

Tell him you want to put the pig in a tutu. That put SO over the edge, I think. :killingme

He actually has a pretty good imagination, and would basically tell me if I wanted to he would sit back and watch me try...which could get interesting chasing a pig around. Oh wow the mental image I just got of me chasing a pig around our field. My office mates are looking at me funny now...:ohwell: