What are your favorite Holiday Appetizers?

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
On Christmas day, I open my doors to wave after wave of friends and family. They tend to pop in and out, pretty much all day. I always put out a good supple of finger foods for everyone to nibble on. I like to change it up and try new ones every year. So, what are your favorite appetizers? What do you like to see offered when you go to someone’s house for a gathering?

Last edited:
Buffalo Chicken dip...:yum: Easy to make ahead of time... you keep it warmed in a crockpot and they can come and go and dip away...:yum:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Easiest appetizer in the world. Only takes 2 ingredients, and maybe 5 minutes of prep time, and 15 minutes of baking time.

Bacon wrapped dates. Take a stack of raw bacon, cut it into 3rds or 4ths, then take a little piece of bacon and wrap it around a pitted date. Place on a wire rack on a backing sheet, then place in a 350 oven for 15 minutes or so. Turn half-way through cooking so both sides are evenly cooked.

You can make these ahead of time, and there is no need to worry about keeping them hot out of the oven....they are just as tasty at room temperature.

Ohiogirl

Taco Dip, pepperoni rolls, deviled eggs.

And this isn't an appetizer, but a plate or tray with hershey kisses, and a bowl in the middle of the tray with coctail nuts.

Easiest appetizer in the world. Only takes 2 ingredients, and maybe 5 minutes of prep time, and 15 minutes of baking time.

Bacon wrapped dates. Take a stack of raw bacon, cut it into 3rds or 4ths, then take a little piece of bacon and wrap it around a pitted date. Place on a wire rack on a backing sheet, then place in a 350 oven for 15 minutes or so. Turn half-way through cooking so both sides are evenly cooked.

You can make these ahead of time, and there is no need to worry about keeping them hot out of the oven....they are just as tasty at room temperature.

Be careful with her suggestion... I have it on good source that wrapping her date in bacon what exactly how she landed itsbob.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Be careful with her suggestion... I have it on good source that wrapping her date in bacon what exactly how she landed itsbob.
:high5:

:roflmao:

You wrap anything in bacon, and it's bound to be good. Sweet, salty, bacon-y. Pure deliciousness. :drool:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
On Christmas day, I open my doors to wave after wave of friends and family. They tend to pop in and out, pretty much all day. I always put out a good supple of finger foods for everyone to nibble on. I like to change it up and try new ones every year. So, what are your favorite appetizers? What do you like to see offered when you go to someone’s house for a gathering?

Cookies. :lol:

TurboK9

No date I've ever had would want to be wrapped in bacon or stuck in an oven. But hey, to each their own.

Wierdos. Sheesh.

:roflmao:

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Bacon wrapped dates.

I prefer bacon-wrapped scallops. But then almost anything wrapped in bacon is good. :lmao:

For other snacks/appetizers, there's always swedish meatballs, cocktail weinies, cocktail waitresses (umm, wrong list :lol:), mini pigs-in-a-blanket, cream puffs, mini chocolate eclairs, chocolate covered pretzel rods, chex mix, crackers-cheese-pepperoni,...

Enjoy! and Merry Christmas!
:snacks:

PS- now I'm hungry, where do you live? J/K

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I prefer bacon-wrapped scallops. But then almost anything wrapped in bacon is good.

For other snacks/appetizers, there's always swedish meatballs, cocktail weinies, cocktail waitresses (umm, wrong list :lol:), mini pigs-in-a-blanket, cream puffs, mini chocolate eclairs, chocolate covered pretzel rods, chex mix, crackers-cheese-pepperoni,...
:yeahthat: Alla that! :biggrin:

pelers

I've always enjoyed deviled eggs.

Meat, cheese and crackers are also quite tasty. Cookies never fail (unless they are REALLY bad cookies).

Chips and dips?