turkeys?

somdfan

Shady Brook Fresh Turkeys were still at Giant in Lusby an hour ago. I got mine for 99 cents a pound on sale (regular $1.39). I also saw some Butterball Fresh Turkeys, but they were more expensive.

bcp

In My Opinion
I just walked into Giant, there was no way I was going to try and get all the way back to the turkey area. I went to the service desk and got a pack of cigars and then ran like hell to get out again.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Shady Brook Fresh Turkeys were still at Giant in Lusby an hour ago. I got mine for 99 cents a pound on sale (regular $1.39). I also saw some Butterball Fresh Turkeys, but they were more expensive.

Thanks all!! We found a 23 lber at Giant in Lusby. :buddies:

Thanks all!! We found a 23 lber at Giant in Lusby. :buddies:

Good lawdy! I walked into Giant to day on my way back from the xfr sta at about 9 am and there was a line of about 12 people at the seafood counter. Since when has seafood become a Chrisrmas dish? I grabbed my prime rib and left.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Good lawdy! I walked into Giant to day on my way back from the xfr sta at about 9 am and there was a line of about 12 people at the seafood counter. Since when has seafood become a Chrisrmas dish? I grabbed my prime rib and left.

Oyster stuffing

Loper

Animal Poor!

In all the grocery stores I was in today it was the same thing. The seafood counters were packed.

PrepH4U

My Mom always made lobster & steak on Christmas Eve. So now I always serve lobster and King crab every Christmas Eve. I think it makes a special meal along with the Christmas music and candles. :shrug:

seansgirl

christmas

My Mom always made lobster & steak on Christmas Eve. So now I always serve lobster and King crab every Christmas Eve. I think it makes a special meal along with the Christmas music and candles. :shrug:

Yes, last night was "surf and turf" for us, it turned from shrimp and steak to shrimp, roast beef, crab stuffed mushrooms, and oysters oregano. Usually we don't have a NICE dinner for Christmas Eve, we save it for Christmas. One eve, we had pizza.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Yes, last night was "surf and turf" for us, it turned from shrimp and steak to shrimp, roast beef, crab stuffed mushrooms, and oysters oregano. Usually we don't have a NICE dinner for Christmas Eve, we save it for Christmas. One eve, we had pizza.

I did the "nice" Christmas dinner last night, kinda like a Thanksgiving do-over. Turkey turned out *perfect*, baked pies and pumpkin bread. I think I used every pot, pan, plate, bowl and orther utinsil and/or dish in the kitchen. Awesome.

Leftovers today, though I am going to whip up a good breakfast here in a minute.