12/25/2010 Chesapeake Beach Serious MVA

The_Badge

Breaking News Network:

MD| Calvert| Chesapeake Beach| *Mva / Serious Injury*| Box-1.02| 5400 Bayside Rd| Truck accident on a two lane roadway with vehicle fire and possible ejection. MSP Trooper-7 inbound to the Naval Station for a Category-A Priority-1 fly out. Two additional Category-B Priority-2 for possible fly-out.| <C> BNN

U/D MD| Calvert| Chesapeake Beach| *Mva / Serious Injury*| Box-1.02| 5400 Bayside Rd| Sheriff accident RECON being requested for serious injuries. One vehicle did damage a utility pole. Multiple serious patients and at least one MSP Trooper Medivac enroute. Operations on FTac-1.| <C> BNN

***Calvert Chief-1 was involved at the accident site while responding to the scene with no injuries.

RPMDAD

Have been trying to follow this but missed some, think i heard chopper could not fly due to weather. 2 being transported to Calvert and one being transported to PG via ambulance.

The_Badge

U/D MD| Calvert| Chesapeake Beach| *Fatal Accident*| Box-1.02| 5400 Bayside Rd| Sheriff accident RECON reporting this is a fatal crash and a crime scene, 1st responders are not to disturb the evidence. MSP Aviation is grounded for inbound winter weather, all trauma transports are ground to PG Trauma. Police have the at fault driver in custody enroute to the hospital| <C> BNN | BNNDESK

RPMDAD

U/D MD| Calvert| Chesapeake Beach| *Fatal Accident*| Box-1.02| 5400 Bayside Rd| Sheriff accident RECON reporting this is a fatal crash and a crime scene, 1st responders are not to disturb the evidence. MSP Aviation is grounded for inbound winter weather, all trauma transports are ground to PG Trauma. Police have the at fault driver in custody enroute to the hospital| <C> BNN | BNNDESK

Have been trying to follow this on the scanner did not hear the priority 4 go out, just heard 2 transported by ambulance to PG and 1 to calvert. I may be mistaken but i am understanding there is an accident reconstruction going on for the accident chief 1 was involved in with no injuries. Maybe there are 2 accident recons going on.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Have been trying to follow this on the scanner did not hear the priority 4 go out, just heard 2 transported by ambulance to PG and 1 to calvert. I may be mistaken but i am understanding there is an accident reconstruction going on for the accident chief 1 was involved in with no injuries. Maybe there are 2 accident recons going on.

Hope chief 1 is okay -- know him

RPMDAD

He has been on the radio he says he is ok, thought i heard no injuries in that accident he was enroute to the accident with injuries.. Reconstruction due to it being a county public safety vehicle involvement. I have been in and out of the room and may have missed some though.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Anyone heard anything more on this? My brother's friend was involved; we talked to him on the phone long enough to determine that he was hurt and could not talk at the moment.

EDIT: My brother's friend also said he was "rear ended." But he said nothing as to how... The speak of this being a fatal accident makes me worry; the boy has a younger brother he drives around a lot. Prayers to the family...

Last edited:

nobody really

I need a nap
i drove by the scene on my way home. skids marks about 50 feet long, marked for the reconstruction, guardrail was damanged and other side of the road was tore up. looked pretty bad whatever happened.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Oh man, so sorry to hear that, especially on Christmas Day. Prayers out to families involved.

I hate reading or hearing of fatalities on holidays... not that they are any better any other day of the year, but it really has to be hard to lose a loved one on such a significant holiday. :ohwell:

poster

I hate reading or hearing of fatalities on holidays... not that they are any better any other day of the year, but it really has to be hard to lose a loved one on such a significant holiday. :ohwell:

BUMP

Any new info on this?
Had road blocked when coming out of the beach last night and looked pretty bad. Sounds as bad as it looked.

Thoughts and prayers to all involved.

nobody really

I need a nap
any updates? of course the friggin baynet posts every fender bender in st. mary's. anything north of pr fred doesn't exist.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
any updates? of course the friggin baynet posts every fender bender in st. mary's. anything north of pr fred doesn't exist.

I KNOW RIGHT?! Baynet makes me mad...

I havnt heard anything more. My brother just texted me saying he hasnt heard anything else, either. I just hope everyone is OK... If I hear anything Ill post it. North Beach Fire and Rescue was on scene and I know I long-time volunteer there. Ill see what info I can get from him.

ITS ME

Could this be related? Posted on Facebook yesterday, so the post was referring to Christmas day......dont know how accurate

Last night, heading home, we got diverted because Plum Point Road was closed because of an accident. Later on we learned that apparently some jerk was trying to commit suicide and got his car up to 100mph and went into the opposite lane and hit a lady and her son, head on. their car flipped a couple times and the lady got thrown out of the car. Both are in shock trauma at PG and not in good condition. Both live in North Beach and were heading home from Christmas with the family. Apparently the son was only 16.

nobody really

I need a nap
Could this be related? Posted on Facebook yesterday, so the post was referring to Christmas day......dont know how accurate

Last night, heading home, we got diverted because Plum Point Road was closed because of an accident. Later on we learned that apparently some jerk was trying to commit suicide and got his car up to 100mph and went into the opposite lane and hit a lady and her son, head on. their car flipped a couple times and the lady got thrown out of the car. Both are in shock trauma at PG and not in good condition. Both live in North Beach and were heading home from Christmas with the family. Apparently the son was only 16.

from the looks of the skid marks, the car was going at a high rate of speed. Not being an expert in accident reconstruction, i just thought it looked like the car hit the guard rail and over to the other side where the trees were damaged. I did get an email from my church prayer group asking for prayers for a woman and her son who were in a serious car accdient xmas afternoon. (church is in huntingtown). she is having brain surgery and has severe lacerations on her face. no word on the son. So sad.

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9

Assuming that is true... Why would one want to be so cruel as to hurt someone else in the suffering of their own fate? What an azz! They should be charged with attempted murder if the victims survive....
Praying for the health and well being of those involved.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I know people that live on Beach Drive..that is a very, very bad "intersection." It's a really blind spot in a very hilly part of 261.

Sure hope everyone recovers.