Singer Teena Marie dead at 54

bcp

In My Opinion
would explain why I never heard of her. Never did appreciate that type of,,, music.

still, she was too young to die

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
when I was coming up I was exposed to all different types of music, so I might hear The Jackson Five then Tammy Wynette ... then might hear some Jazz, then maybe a bit of Classical then R & B (which back then I believe was called SOUL music?). I learned how to dance (freestyle) to mostly R & B music .....

would explain why I never heard of her. Never did appreciate that type of,,, music.

still, she was too young to die

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We listened to music of all types, new and old .....

Stand by Your Man .... yeah my Mom sang that while vacuuming with the headphones on LOL

Dakota

~~~~~~~
when I was coming up I was exposed to all different types of music, so I might hear The Jackson Five then Tammy Wynette ... then might hear some Jazz, then maybe a bit of Classical then R & B (which back then I believe was called SOUL music?). I learned how to dance (freestyle) to mostly R & B music .....

Same here... my ipod looks like I share it with a bunch of other people.

I was a fan. I bet every woman on here from 30 to 50 has heard this song...

Way way too young to die.

BOP

I too was exposed to a wide variety of music. By the 70s, however, I was able to make my own choices.

BOP

Ah-hah! So there really is a "chick" school!

I knew it!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Yup I fall into that 30-50 range. Here's a picture of her I found that the guys will appreciate. She could really play a guitar well, especially the electric ones.

Attachments

• TeenaMarie.jpg
    TeenaMarie.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 81

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0

i love this song but i didnt know who sang it... wow!

bcp

In My Opinion
Yup I fall into that 30-50 range. Here's a picture of her I found that the guys will appreciate. She could really play a guitar well, especially the electric ones.

Hmm, the picture indicates that she is not my type in the looks department either.
not ugly, but not someone that would turn my head or cause any feelings of desire either.