Can you please suggest a good book.

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
Good morning! I just got a kindle for christmas and I would love to read a good book, but so far I have not found one that I want to read. Can anyone suggest a good ficton book or series of books that I could check out. Here are my loves and my suggestions for you:

Sookie stackhouse book series (which true blood is based off of)
Twillight series (Love, Love Love)
Host- (great one, can't wait for the movie)
Dan Brown's books- Great!!
House of night book series (love, Love, pre-ordered the next book already)
Anything from Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook, Walk to remember etc..)
Harry potter series ( so creative, just wow- Great read)
The Hunger Games!!
"NEW" Delirium, Pandemonium & Requiem by Lauren Oliver (These are Great!)

I like a good series, so I can get invested in the characters, Not a big Steven King reader since his work gets drawn out to no resolution, which is SO frustrating. I don't like to be able to see the plot coming. And if it makes you cry, I want to read it!!! Thanks for the suggestions.

JS

Last edited:

BrianB

Ken Follett's The Pillars Of The Earth, and the sequel, World Without End. Great books, and long...fantastic reads.

pumpkin0824

You seem to enjoy some of the same reads that I enjoy...my favorite authors are Laurell K Hamilton (Anita Blake series and also Princess Meredith series, and dont be discouraged by the title "Princess Meredith" lol. Also, I absolutely love Sherrilynn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Series. Another good read was The Golden Compass, it started out slow in the first book but if you make it through the first 50-60 pages it is just an amazing read after that point and even if you already saw that movie and didnt like it I would still give the book a shot as I absolutely loved the books but didnt care much for the movie.

Good morning! I just got a kindle for christmas and I would love to read a good book, but so far I have not found one that I want to read. Can anyone suggest a good ficton book or series of books that I could check out. Here are my loves and my suggestions for you:

I like a good series, so I can get invested in the characters, Not a big Steven King reader since his work gets drawn out to no resolution, which is SO frustrating. I don't like to be able to see the plot coming. And if it makes you cry, I want to read it!!! Thanks for the suggestions.

JS

JS

Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series.

challengedone

Check out the free books on the Kindle Site there are many good reads. Janet Evanovich, Debbie Macomber all have a book series. If you like games Shuffled Row and Every Word are free.

Taz

Lot of good series out there, some are still ongoing. I have read a lot of Robert B. Parker; all the old Spenser stories, then the Sunny Randall series and presently the Jesse Stone series, these are detective-type novels, but if you get into characters...

Also Robert Crais has a couple of good series in the Elvis Cole and the Joe Pike series.

For something a little different you might try Janet Evanovich, she has series with that is pretty entertaining with Stephanie Plum, a 20-something bounty hunter in Trenton, NJ.

jetmonkey

JS

Based on yore list I would suggest Hunger Games.

fredsaid2

Since you like the Stackhouse series you may enjoy MaryJanice Davidson's Undead series. Betsy, hit and killed by a car, returns as the prophesied Queen of the Vampires. She's not very good at the job at first. Cute and easy reads.

Another that’s surreal but set in modern times is Mike Carey’s Fix Castor series. He’s an exorcist in London who takes care of ghosts that are turning up with more and more frequency. Fix is intelligent, reckless and very sarcastic. I’m constantly looking up words with these books, Carey will def expand your vocabulary but it’s fun!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

JS
Try James Patterson's Maximum Ride Series (since you like sookie and house of night series, yoou'll probably like this one). I have a nook and was able to check out the first few ebooks in the series from the library. He also has a series called the "Women's Murder Club" series that is very action paced.

nomoney

Try James Patterson's Maximum Ride Series (since you like sookie and house of night series, yoou'll probably like this one). I have a nook and was able to check out the first few ebooks in the series from the library. He also has a series called the "Women's Murder Club" series that is very action paced.

:yeahthat: The Alex cross series is spot on too. (I've read all the ones that you've listed and I love Patterson and Koontz as well).
The Maximum Ride Series is for tweens though.

I just realized that with my nook I can check out ebooks online from st marys library...awesome!:yahoo:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:yeahthat: The Alex cross series is spot on too. (I've read all the ones that you've listed and I love Patterson and Koontz as well).
The Maximum Ride Series is for tweens though.

I just realized that with my nook I can check out ebooks online from st marys library...awesome!:yahoo:

Yea, but it's better than the Sookie series. :lol: