Dear amateur alcoholics:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I need to drive to and from a destination tonight. Will try to avoid you, but you must do your part. Getting a designated driver would be my first suggestion. Barring that, it would be great if you'd just pass out at your party and go home the next day. If that doesn't work for you, please stay put until at least 1am, when I should be safely home and won't run the risk of encountering you on the roads.

TIA! :flowers:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I am the DD tonight...I am meeting with a bunch of Somd forumates...I plan to drink only shots of Old Grandad :yay:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I am so lucky, I married my DD. So I never have to worry, he drinks pepsi and I get to drink all the beer I want. And tonight they will only cost me 1.00 a draft. Sounds good to me. :buddies: Everyone please be safe tonight, try not to kill me or anyone else.

dan0623_2000

Hey blondie
If you haven't been hit, run over or other wise killed by a someone who has been driinking than the chances of it happening tonight are quite slim. Contrary to what the local yahoos are saying New Years eve is actually one of the safest times on the roads now. Years ago it probably was one of the most dangerous.
By the way I was really touched when you said "If that doesn't work for you, please stay put until at least 1am, when I should be safely home and won't run the risk of encountering you on the roads." You are such a savior of the world.

bcp

In My Opinion
being an accomplished drunk, I have learned to stay the hell home on New Years.

years ago I realized, after reading many accident reports, that most cases of accidents that involve drunks, usually does not involve drunks hitting other drunks.
This is proof to me that the drunks weave in unison, creating a ballet of sorts on the road where everyone misses everyone else.
what does this indicate?
It indicates that the non weaving sober person F's up the whole ballet production and gets in the way.

If you are driving sober tonight, could you please try to weave in time with the drunk in front of you?

thanks.

CrashTest

I need to drive to and from a destination tonight. Will try to avoid you, but you must do your part. Getting a designated driver would be my first suggestion. Barring that, it would be great if you'd just pass out at your party and go home the next day. If that doesn't work for you, please stay put until at least 1am, when I should be safely home and won't run the risk of encountering you on the roads.

Amature alcoholics? Are you suggesting that only professional alcoholics drive tonight?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I am at the villa in the keys and don't plan to go anywhere. Got steaks and shrimp on the grill, lots of great beverages and champagne for a midnight toast with my wonderful husband and great friends. Happy New Year to everyone!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Hey blondie
If you haven't been hit, run over or other wise killed by a someone who has been driinking than the chances of it happening tonight are quite slim. Contrary to what the local yahoos are saying New Years eve is actually one of the safest times on the roads now. Years ago it probably was one of the most dangerous.
By the way I was really touched when you said "If that doesn't work for you, please stay put until at least 1am, when I should be safely home and won't run the risk of encountering you on the roads." You are such a savior of the world.

Not true, you ask any bartender and they will tell you this is amateur night. I've heard that quite a bit on my shopping travels here today.

tomtom

I went out on New Years night a couple years ago in Mechanicsville, I live in Leonardtown area. I had a designated driver, I don't drive if I have had ANYTHING to drink, even 1 beer. Was on way home, sitting in front seat of car, and one of the few things I remember from that night was asking my driver "am I driving or are you?". All I knew was I was in front seat of car, wasn't sure if I was driving or not. I was told I drank 2 fifths of vodka that night.

bcp

In My Opinion
I went out on New Years night a couple years ago in Mechanicsville, I live in Leonardtown area. I had a designated driver, I don't drive if I have had ANYTHING to drink, even 1 beer. Was on way home, sitting in front seat of car, and one of the few things I remember from that night was asking my driver "am I driving or are you?". All I knew was I was in front seat of car, wasn't sure if I was driving or not. I was told I drank 2 fifths of vodka that night.

light weight

limblips

PREMO Member
My theory is that .08 limit is an artificial limit. It may apply to the amateurs but us regular drunks should be allowed a higher limit based on experience. The more years driving drunk without an accident then the higher the limit!

OK, before I get flamed: I am only kidding. Nobody should drink and drive.

bcp

In My Opinion
My theory is that .08 limit is an artificial limit. It may apply to the amateurs but us regular drunks should be allowed a higher limit based on experience. The more years driving drunk without an accident then the higher the limit!

thats funny, thats the exact same thing that the nice officer told me back in 92 right before he put the handcuffs on me.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I am at the villa in the keys and don't plan to go anywhere. Got steaks and shrimp on the grill, lots of great beverages and champagne for a midnight toast with my wonderful husband and great friends. Happy New Year to everyone!
With temps in the low 80s. I would have a hard time believing it was New Year's in such a setting. :lol:

Fairmount

I try to keep a .09:killingme

BOP

Amature alcoholics? Are you suggesting that only professional alcoholics drive tonight?

This is the biggest amateur night/weekend of the year. That's when a lot of people who don't normally go out and drink heavily do so.

LadyCoyote

The police will be out working tonight and catching folks that are stupid enough to drink and drive. I personally think any fool that decides to drive while under the influence should get hammered by the law. Hope everyone on the roads stay safe, and hats off to the folks that have to work tonight (law enforcement, firefighters, medical personnel). Beeeeee safe everyone!!! :buddies:

Fairmount

It's a crap shoot. Are admitting that your going drive? I have DUI's. Is luck or misfortune?