NYE Baltimore

itsbob

I bowl overhand
At the Hilton Inner Harbor Baltimore, enjoying the Executive Lounge on the 18th floor

Surrounded by a Youth in Christ Convention (the Comic-con convention was a lot more interesting

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So What I Christian religion celebrates the Sabbath on Saturday and everyone is VEGAN? Breakfast buffets SUCK without bacon.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What a great night. It was a failry quiet night, and not very expensive considering.

If you ever thought of going to the Inner Harbor for the fireworks, GREAT, but other than that, not much going on. No special events (had one live band) and the restaurants weren't even too busy.

We stayed at the Hilton, whis is attached to the Convention Center by Pedestrian bridge, and you can walk all the way to the Inner Harbor area (the shopping mall with the fudge shop) without ever touching the street, and most of the way not even be oustide.

AND if you buy a drink at the hotel bar you can carry it ALL the way to other end of the convention center. (didn't ask if we could carry it ouside on the exterior ped bridges).

So we went to dinner (Fogo ROCKS!!) then back to the room to change for the festivities.. Went to the Bar, and then walked/ explored the Convention Center looking for a good vantage point for the fireworks.

We ended up in the VIP lounge on the top floor of the convention center (the door was unlocked so we figured that meant we were welcome to use it) and had the place all to ourselves. We didn't know where the fireworkds were as it was our first time, but we got to see 100% of the "high show" but missed about 90% of the closer in, "low show", but all in all we were WARM comfortable, and damn we looked good. We had a GREAT time.

We got to scope out the preparations for the following day Youth Christian Convention, and we go to see the prep for breakfast. 16 buffet lines, and ALL were Vegan.. WTH?? They would have lost me at.. "WHAT, you don't eat BACON!??"

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
you can walk all the way to the Inner Harbor area (the shopping mall with the fudge shop) without ever touching the street, and most of the way not even be oustide.
Probably a good thing, considering what types are known to wander Baltimore streets. :whistle:

(the door was unlocked so we figured that meant we were welcome to use it)
:lmao:

They would have lost me at.. "WHAT, you don't eat BACON!??"
Good thing you stocked up your arteries a couple days ago. :yay:

Glad to know it was an excellent time for you both! Happy 4th (probably). :clap:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Probably a good thing, considering what types are known to wander Baltimore streets. :whistle:

:lmao:

Good thing you stocked up your arteries a couple days ago. :yay:

Glad to know it was an excellent time for you both! Happy 4th (probably). :clap:

Well, this is the second year we've done our anniversay at a Hilton, and I'm thinking they keep track.

At 11:30 they brought up a bottle of Champagne two flutes and a letter saying "Congratulations on your 3rd Anniversary!"

So my money is on: It was our 3rd anniversary last night.

Oh, and the highlight of the night?

A couple that will share our anniversary for quite awhile. There was a wedding and reception last night, that between watching out the room window and walking over to the convention center we followed fairly closely.

Am interested in what was going on at the Sports Museum last night. Was quiet until about 1:30 then cops were surrounding the place when, what looked like a private party ended.

Did you know Baltimore uses Harley's for their cop bikes?? Well, we know now, after having to listen to them run up and down the street for two hours. 11 floors up those damn things are still friggin loud.