Senior Living Centers

bulldog

Anyone familiar with choices of Senior Citizen living communities and/or apartments in the St. Mary's area? Not looking for a nursing home, but a senior living area for a very active older person.
TIA

Anyone familiar with choices of Senior Citizen living communities and/or apartments in the St. Mary's area? Not looking for a nursing home, but a senior living area for a very active older person.
TIA

Wildwood ret. village, condos and homes both, and there is a place on Peggs rd. too.

bulldog

Cedar Lane Apartments
Kwillia runs the place.

Seems that is 100% assisted living, which at this point she does not need. :buddies:

She's just looking for a place to hang her hat that has some activities and social events that she can participate in. LOL, she's 83 years old and finally figures it time to quit her job and settle down a bit. :killingme

mitzi

Seems that is 100% assisted living, which at this point she does not need. :buddies:

She's just looking for a place to hang her hat that has some activities and social events that she can participate in. LOL, she's 83 years old and finally figures it time to quit her job and settle down a bit. :killingme

Check into it. They are not 100% assisted living. Lots of the residents still have their cars & active. The apartments are very small though.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Not all of it.
Colton Weinberg Building - Building 3

wineo

loving life

No, they are not 100% assisted living. Most live there on their own. Hubby works there. Nice place

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's a place called Southwinds in White Plains - they're one of our sponsors for Somd.com. Looks like a nice place with lots of activities for seniors.

bcp

In My Opinion
Run her up the road to Heritage Harbor in Annapolis.
Choice of living arraingements vary from large single family homes to comfortable sized apartments.
They have many things for the residents to do, community club house, golf course, pools, resturants. They run bus trips to various locations, in the past they have done Niagra falls, Atlantic city and plays in New York City.
They also run a shuttle to the mall and to shopping centers for food.

You just have to watch out for the elevator nazis when you go in.. I had some 90 year old man yelling at me because I was bringing a lamp up in the elevator, evidently I was supposed to use the stairs to do this.

I just laughed at him and pissed him off.

Freefaller

A New Senior Apt Bldg

There is new Sr. Apt building going up right now. It's called Victory Woods and it's off FDR Blvd behind the Kohls Store.

G

gettingmaddd

Asbury of Solomons is nice. My Erma has lived there for years.