Food Lions becoming Bloom grocery stores?

fredsaid2

Yesterday's sales receipt from the Callaway FL reads Bloom. I read Bloom is FL's upscale grocery model. I just don't see it in Callaway! Or do you think they just ran out of FL register tapes?? :lmao:

PrepH4U

Yesterday's sales receipt from the Callaway FL reads Bloom. I read Bloom is FL's upscale grocery model. I just don't see it in Callaway! Or do you think they just ran out of FL register tapes?? :lmao:

That would be so cool! I bet Callaways store does more business than the one in the square. It is always so clean and neat.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0

umm i just went to that food lion this morning it said foodlion on it..

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Yesterday's sales receipt from the Callaway FL reads Bloom.
They are under the same corporate banner. Does the receipt indicate that your store is a Bloom, or does it say something like "Try our fellow locations..."? :shrug:

umm i just went to that food lion this morning it said foodlion on it..
You should have been a police detective or something; your investigative skilz are AMAZING! :coffee:

fredsaid2

They are under the same corporate banner. Does the receipt indicate that your store is a Bloom, or does it say something like "Try our fellow locations..."? :shrug:

Nope, bloom, with FL's phone number. Maybe it's just a register tape issue.

Attachments

• IMG00003-20110101-2259[1] (691x800).jpg
    IMG00003-20110101-2259[1] (691x800).jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 161

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0

You should have been a police detective or something; your investigative skilz are AMAZING!
:coffee:

Maybe i should apply for st.marys :killingme

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There were rumors that the food animal in Solomons would change over to one of their companies' upscale affiliated stores (maybe bloom) when they opened the new food animal in Lusby.
Never happened though.

Last edited:

BOP

There were rumors that the food animal in Solomons would change over to one of their companies' upscale affiliated stores (maybe bloom) when they opened the new food animal in Lusby.
Never happened though.

Upscale and Lusby have about the same ring to it as upscale and Lex Park.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upscale and Lusby have about the same ring to it as upscale and Lex Park.
To clarify, they were only talking about changing over the Food Lion in Solomons as to not have two Food Lions so close to each other. This is just the vague way that I remember it.

frequentflier

happy to be living
To clarify, they were only talking about changing over the Food Lion in Solomons as to not have two Food Lions so close to each other. This is just the vague way that I remember it.

The powers to be would be smart to improve the Solomons store. The last few times I was in Woodburns, it was looking pretty bad. The produce has been horrible for the past year, the shelves are seldom stocked, the coolers empty and now Spyros is moving out. Last week, I asked a long time employee if they were closing and she said no; just downsizing.

puggymom

They should think about improving the Charlotte Hall location. We need a decent grocery store there.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The powers to be would be smart to improve the Solomons store. The last few times I was in Woodburns, it was looking pretty bad. The produce has been horrible for the past year, the shelves are seldom stocked, the coolers empty and now Spyros is moving out. Last week, I asked a long time employee if they were closing and she said no; just downsizing.
I concur.

royhobie

hobieflyer
Never happened though.

Food CAT probably has a "parent" company that oversees several smaller chains such as Bloom?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Food CAT probably has a "parent" company that oversees several smaller chains such as Bloom?
Not necessarily "smaller" chains, but the Delhaize group of stores in North America include Food Lion, Bloom, Bottom Dollar Food, Harvey's and Hannaford Supermarkets.

Last edited:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
There is a Bloom at the intersection of 228 and 210. Just like going to Food Lion but twice as expensive! I didn't see the point and never went back....

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never heard of that one. Safe to say, the words "Bottom Dollar" are not exactly what I would choose to put next to my "Food". :eyebrow:

Hannaford's are here in New England.
That reminds me of the famous McKay's jingle that says "where quality is discount every day".
I'm sorry, but the last thing that I'm looking for is discount quality ! :lmao:

slowlane

There is a Bloom supermarket in Accokeek MD, and 6 of them in Fredericksburg VA, among other places. It's owned by Food Lion but much more upscale.

SoMdDude

There is a Bloom at the intersection of 228 and 210. Just like going to Food Lion but twice as expensive! I didn't see the point and never went back....

Its actually on Accokeek Road I think it is...GIANT is at 228 and 210, I live one mile from there.

Blooms prices are about the same as Giants, i use both of them